Pete Davies

Electric Al
21st May 2008, 16:33
Can anyone help. Looking for Pete Davies a sparkie I sailed with a few times on the Shoush in BP. As far as I can remember he came from Hull.

Geoff_E
21st May 2008, 20:44
I can recall a Pete Davies as Sparks on the British Flag (1971). Long time ago, but I don't think he came from Hull.

Graham Wallace
21st May 2008, 22:36
Peter F Davies was on the Flag but as far as I know not the Shoush. He is on Shipsnostalgia.

There was another BP Sparky, PE Davies; Chancellor 1969, Renown 1974.

Then 10 Nov 1977 there were 3 R/O's on the Shoush; Muirhead,Hall and PE Davies.
As far as I know PE Davies has not surfaced yet

Graham

Electric Al
22nd May 2008, 10:02
Thanks Graham for your reply. I think the Hall guy might have been , the Irish sparkie who was a bit eccentric, he relieved Peter a few times on the Shoush. He was in the fleet news showing off his loo, which was fitted out with bookshelves and stereo speakers!!!!

hendosrus
2nd December 2015, 13:28
P F Davies was my boss on the Tamar in Sept to Dec 1977. He was a Welshman and a very funny guy to be with.

When I first climbed aboard and found my way to his cabin, he showed me some 'erection' crystals. I thought he was offering me some, and at the tender age of just 19 I was pretty sure they were surplus to requirements.

But he clarified, - he manufactured these and offered them for sale in Penthouse magazine, and he showed me the ad' in his personal copy.

It was a strange intro for sure. Then, one time when I was concentrating on sending a message somewhere, he snuck up behind me and set off e CO2 fire extinguisher. I crapped myself but his laughter was so infectious that I couldn't help but join him.

I have fond memories of my time with him on that trip. If memory serves, his girlfriend was called Jane. I think they planned to marry when he paid off.

twogrumpy
4th December 2015, 15:10
Is the Irish sparkie Hall the one in the vest in the attached pic?

Al, in your profile you say you were on the Havdrott, we had her in layup in Brunei, quite a smart ship if I recall correctly.

Electric Al
7th December 2015, 13:18
The Sparky had a bushy bearded from my recollection. The Havdrott I sailed on was a LPG carrier. Built for P & O as Garinda I think. I know Havtor used to have a VLCC called Havdrott.

twogrumpy
7th December 2015, 16:39
It was the VLCC Havdrott, Nice ship.

sparks69
7th December 2015, 16:57
I did hear a story about Pete, true or not I never found out, his rank operator rang him near the end of his leave and was put through to Wick Radio and he answered from a trawler off the north of Scotland.

kevjacko
7th December 2015, 20:57
Is the Irish sparkie Hall the one in the vest in the attached pic?

Al, in your profile you say you were on the Havdrott, we had her in layup in Brunei, quite a smart ship if I recall correctly.

Think I sailed with him on the Resolution 1983 chief Eng was Arthur Salmon. Captain was Arthur Skellon (think that's right)