Dave Meech

Dave Meech
21st May 2008, 19:05
Hi everyone, I have recently joined and would like to hear from any ex Houlder brothers, Houlder Offshore or Houlder Marine Drilling members.
I first Joined Houlder Brothers In 1975 as deck boy on the infamous but happy Furness Bridge.

K urgess
21st May 2008, 19:06
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Dave.
Seems to be a day for Houlders lads to join the crew.
Find your way around the ship and you may find some old shipmates.
Join in and enjoy the trip.

Dave Meech
21st May 2008, 19:14
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Dave.
Seems to be a day for Houlders lads to join the crew.
Find your way around the ship and you may find some old shipmates.
Join in and enjoy the trip.

Thanks, yes a lot of us ex houlder lads seem to have joined. i look forward to finding out where they are these days and what they are up to now. Thanks for you warm welcome. Dave

Bruce Carson
21st May 2008, 19:25
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Dave.
Good to have you onboard and, as MS says, chances are you will find old shipmates here.
Make yourself at home and join in our friendly discussions at any time.

Bruce

non descript
21st May 2008, 19:48
Dave, a warm welcome to you and well done for surviving the Furness Bridge (Jester) . Thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

benjidog
21st May 2008, 22:33
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

R58484956
22nd May 2008, 12:34
Welcome Dave to SN. Bon voyage.

Bombersman
22nd May 2008, 14:40
A very warm welcome from me at Newcastle upon Tyne also Dave. Home of lots of fine ships built for the Houlder line, who I sailed with as well. See my profile. I am new here as well but that doesn't inhibit me from posting (A)

Bob(Thumb)

Dave Meech
2nd June 2008, 20:30
Dave, a warm welcome to you and well done for surviving the Furness Bridge (Jester) . Thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

hi Tonga,
Yes I survived the Furness Bridge and still here!!, Enjoyed every minute on her, hard work but a good crew made it a trip to remember.

thanks for your welcome

Dave

Dave Meech
2nd June 2008, 20:32
Welcome Dave to SN. Bon voyage.

Thanks for the welcome I hope to enjoy every minute of it, reliveing the good old days!

take care

Dave

Dave Meech
2nd June 2008, 20:34
A very warm welcome from me at Newcastle upon Tyne also Dave. Home of lots of fine ships built for the Houlder line, who I sailed with as well. See my profile. I am new here as well but that doesn't inhibit me from posting (A)

Bob(Thumb)

Hi Bob
Thanks for the nice greeting, yes the old Furness Bridge had some good old Geordie blood in her!

Best Wishes

Dave

Dave Meech
2nd June 2008, 20:35
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Thanks Brian, I am sure I will enjoy the site, really looking forward to seeing where the lads are theses days.

Take care

dave

Dave Meech
2nd June 2008, 20:37
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Dave.
Good to have you onboard and, as MS says, chances are you will find old shipmates here.
Make yourself at home and join in our friendly discussions at any time.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. I look forward to finding my old shipmates and seeing what they are up to these days with interest!!

Best Wishes

Dave