Steam tug Nyora

CJ1917
22nd May 2008, 03:02
Hello, My name is John Nicholson and over the years I have become very interested in the SS Nyora, lost on July 9, 1917 in the waters off Cape Jaffa SA. This interest has grown to be an obsession I guess, which means I have brought copies of most of the photos of Nyora to be found on the Pictures Australia site, and also a copy of plans to build a model of the Nyora. If that project ever gets off the ground I may have some questions about steam powered tugs for those more experienced in that field. In 2002 I was instrumental in having a memorial built at Cape Jaffa that included the names of the 14 sailors lost when the Nyora went down. Other interests that involve the sea are Lighthouses and coastal shipping as I had a great uncle who spent nearly all his working life in Australian Coastal shipping.
John.

Steve Woodward
22nd May 2008, 08:32
John,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, very intersting first posting, if you need information this is the place to be, and should you get that building project of the ground we will look forward to further postings
Steve

K urgess
22nd May 2008, 10:45
Welcome aboard, John.
Sounds like a good project but be careful because you may get sidetracked by joining this crew.
It's very addictive.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the voyage.

R58484956
22nd May 2008, 12:14
Greetings John and welcome to SN from a member in the south of England. Bon voyage.

gdynia
23rd May 2008, 00:49
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Bruce Carson
23rd May 2008, 22:19
John, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Join in our discussions at any time. Perhaps, sometime in the future, you'll upload a picture of the Nyora.

Bruce