Greetings from the Kapiti Coast, New Zealand

Murray Robinson
24th May 2008, 05:52
My name is Murray, I've just joined today. I have a new website called www.thewahine.co.nz which is about the loss of the ship Wahine in Wellington Harbour, 10 April 1968. Hope you'll have a look.

J Boyde
24th May 2008, 08:58
Greetings Murray, I was in port on Auckland when the Wahine foundered. I knew two of then engineers, and the second mate. I sailed with the second mate twice and we both shared some interesting stories. Both of us sailed with british ships, different lines but both have stories on Cuba during blockade. On the engineers, i sailed with one on his first ship after the Wahine, one of the N class, probably not the best class for someone who had had his previous ship founder. Worst part, depending of you point of view, the first port for him was Sydney to find the law had closed the place up the night before. What a dead port the following night.
Jim B

joller6
24th May 2008, 10:14
Hi Murray,
Welcome to the site,and allready a good response from Jim,amazing what a small World this really is.
Cheers
joller6
Will look at your site too!

NZSCOTTY
24th May 2008, 10:55
Hi Murray, I had the pleasure of sailing with your godfather on the "slow greens" after the Wahine incident. I was the mate on the ship and once he let me get to know him we had some interesting conversations.

K urgess
24th May 2008, 12:56
Welcome to the crew, Murray.
I see the crew have responded already.
Explore the ship and enjoy the voyage.

benjidog
24th May 2008, 23:52
Welcome from Lancashire UK.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

I watched the documentary of the loss of the Wahine recently - it was sent to be by another member and was very moving.

Congratulations on your web site which is thoughtful and well laid out.

Regards,

Brian

R58484956
25th May 2008, 18:30
Greetings Murray from the south of England. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

gdynia
26th May 2008, 01:05
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Bruce Carson
26th May 2008, 11:50
Murray, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
Have myself a fresh cup of coffee and I'm off to explore your new website.

Bruce