New Member---Kitchenmam

kitchenmama
25th May 2008, 00:36
hi its my first time on any thing like this so i hope you dont mind a mere girl joining - i am looking for photographs or any one who may have been on s.s. nevassa on a schools cruise in 1975/1976/1977 to lisbon madeira vigo and oporto. mainly birmingham schools . any one who may be interested would love to hear from you
also my dad returned from singapore on the nevassa - he is ex royal signals and was on his way home so if there is any one out there remembers tony sutton....

Bruce Carson
25th May 2008, 00:50
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
We are fortunate in having ladies as members on SN and it's good to have you onboard.
Chances are you'll be hearing from members with a reply to your inquiry.
As this is your first post, I've moved your message to our 'Say Hello" forum as it will find a wider audience here.

Bruce

Sister Eleff
25th May 2008, 04:34
The lads are very good at shifting over and making room for us 'girls' ('mere' or not) so welcome from Sydney (==D)

John Briggs
25th May 2008, 07:44
Welcome to the site kitchenmama, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I was in the British India Co but never sailed on Nevassa. There are a couple of members on this site who did sail on her though and I am sure they will be able to help you.

You might also wish to try the following site where you can get quite a lot of information www.biship.com

Steve Woodward
25th May 2008, 08:38
Welcome to SN from Suffolk kitchenmama, rank hath no priveledge here so no one is a mere anything , enjoy your time with us and the best of luck with your search for old ship mates
Steve

ian d.cameron
25th May 2008, 08:56
Hi plenty of pics here depending whether it’s BI or P&O colours you want just scroll down.
http://www.photoship.co.uk/JAlbum%20Ships/Old%20Ships%20N/index2.html

K urgess
25th May 2008, 13:08
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, kitchenmama.
I see you've had some good responses already from our helpful crew.
As has been said no one is a "mere" anything on this ship.
Find your way around and enjoy the voyage.

R58484956
25th May 2008, 18:20
Greetings kitchenmama and welcome. Bon voyage.

gdynia
26th May 2008, 01:06
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

jim barnes
26th May 2008, 01:23
Welcome Luv, nowt wrong with girls, mere or not

benjidog
26th May 2008, 19:23
Welcome to the site and good luck with your enquiry.

Regards,

Brian