like to say hello

sandman
13th June 2005, 17:14
joined a couple of days ago,i have spent most of my working life on aggregate dredgers,gave that up when my wife passed away suddenly.Got a job as a rigger with appledore shipbuilders,until it closed,again when it reopened,now a fulltime lifeboat coxswain for the RNLI

martin

Steve
13th June 2005, 17:21
Welcome to SN

julian anstis
13th June 2005, 19:01
Welcome aboard Martin,

A fellow dredgerman, did a couple of years on Arco Thames myself, an Appledore built ship no less. Will try and catch up with you shortly and have a chat. Enjoy the site and if you get problems with anything just shout ....plenty of help around.

Julian

John Rogers
13th June 2005, 19:58
Welcome on board Sandman. I sailed on a little coaster out of Appledore named the Hanna, we would putt-putt around the Bristol channel hauling grain from Avonmouth. The Hannah was my first ship back in 1947,I called her a ship as she was very small. John Rogers.

Doug Rogers
14th June 2005, 05:55
Welcome aboard, enjoy the site and any questions just ask!!.

gadgee
28th July 2005, 11:33
Hi Sandman
I was 2nd mate on aggregate dredgers From Oct 78 to May 79 prior to swallowing the anchor and coming ashore to join HM Coastguard. I worked for South Coast (RMC). Their names began Sand .... Not bad, with 2 weeks on/ 2 off trips even then. We even had female AB's and Engineers.
Cheers
Paul (Cloud)

joined a couple of days ago,i have spent most of my working life on aggregate dredgers,gave that up when my wife passed away suddenly.Got a job as a rigger with appledore shipbuilders,until it closed,again when it reopened,now a fulltime lifeboat coxswain for the RNLI

martin