Introduction

Lambo's Girl
26th May 2008, 17:44
Hello all

Apologies if this get's posted into the incorrect forum: I'm new here and still finding my way around (and no! Being lost has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a woman!)

So, why am I here? Well, in all honesty, the only time I have travelled on the seas was on a trip to Ireland in the 1980's (and was very ill as a consequence) and then again, recently when I travelled across the Channel. However, I was brought up in Hull (UK) and, most importantly, my father, Michael Lambert (Lambo) was a fisherman for all his adult life until he died in the port of Portland in November 2000.

Although my Mum is still compiling a history of ships he sailed on, I remember, during my childhood, he worked for Thomas Hamlings and, in his later years, for Marr's.

So, that's why I'm here: to keep my father's memory alive; and; hoping some of you will know / remember him and offer me some stories of his life at sea. I hope it goes without saying that I'm extremely proud of my father. He worked hard to ensure he financially supported his family and we had a great relationship. Unfortunately, it's only in my adult years that I realise what a difficult job he did. Lastly, perhaps, by joining this site, I may even learn something about sea vessels, the sea and all you crazy people who love it so much :-)

Well, that's all from me for now but I'm looking forward to getting to know more people on here.

Regards
Lambo's Girl (who is actually too old to be called a girl!)

K urgess
26th May 2008, 17:50
Welcome aboard from northern East Yorkshire.
We have plenty of Hull lads in the crew and a lot of fishermen so you've come to the right place.
Find your way around our ship, join in and enjoy the voyage.

non descript
26th May 2008, 18:07
LG, A nice introduction piece, well done and a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage.

R58484956
26th May 2008, 18:11
Greetings LG ( Michelle)and welcome to SN. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

benjidog
26th May 2008, 19:31
Welcome from the North of England.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
27th May 2008, 00:56
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

wa002f0328
27th May 2008, 09:51
Top of the morning to you Lambos girl, hope you enjoy your cruise on this great vessel, you will love it and learn a lot too, Good sailing, Rgds Bill.

Bruce Carson
27th May 2008, 14:54
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
It won't take you long before you find your way around the site and I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised at the fishery forums and galleries.
It's good to have you onboard.

Bruce