Art Quinn

Art
29th May 2008, 10:50
Hi everyone out there, I'm new at this and hope I don't make a fool of myself. Was at the sea training college gravesend at the beginning of 82' best days of my life i was known as the mad Paddy from Ireland my class was T class. Was reading the messages of others who were there, a guy called Ian matheson, his name rings a bell, pardon the pun! There was Henry, Stebulitis, Angus Rhodes, its a ******** I can't remember names. Do some of you remember Rashbrook? what a balloon! I remember the irish officer taking us up the thames rowing and leaving us at another pier to go to the pub for a bevvy. The mustard polish for the floors each morning was stinking. Hope someone remembers me and we can have a bit of a banter

non descript
29th May 2008, 10:53
Paddy, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community: enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage.

K urgess
29th May 2008, 11:49
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Art.
I'm sure you'll come across some of our crew you knew.
This ship is great for stirring the grey cells so the longer you look the more your remember.
Enjoy the voyage (of re-discovery)

Art
29th May 2008, 15:09
Cheers lads, can't wait to spark up a bit of banter with you all and hopefully some of the sea school lads as well as crew from yesteryear. Thanks. Art.

R58484956
29th May 2008, 16:11
Greetings Art and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Art
29th May 2008, 16:25
Busy in the office, but time for a quick joke. 2 whales swimming alongside each other, one says to the other, 'i'm a bit tired, gonna go up on to the beach and have a rest. The other whale goes on and comes across a squid which he decides he's gonna eat, he's just about to when the squid says 'please don't eat me. I' a very sick squid. Instead, the whale puts the unwell squid in his mouth, swims back to the beach where the other whale is resting, he spits the squid over to his friend and says, 'there's that sick squid I owe you! Art.

Steve Woodward
29th May 2008, 17:50
Art,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy youe time with us and the best of luck with your search for old friends
Steve

Frank P
29th May 2008, 20:13
Welcome onboard Art, enjoy the site.
Cheers Frank

Bruce Carson
29th May 2008, 21:04
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Art.
Chances are you'll be hearing from some of your old friends.
Make yourself at home and join in our friendly discussions.

Bruce

benjidog
29th May 2008, 22:59
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
30th May 2008, 01:42
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage