Hi to all

poulw
29th May 2008, 11:37
I have just joined this forum. It was actually recommended to me by another member who praised you all as a friendly and very helpful bunch.

Here i my interest in ships at a glance:

After I retired two years ago, I decided to try to scratchbuild the French WWII battleship Richelieu in scale 1:200. One of the most elegant battleships I think.

This is my first ever model (not even built a plastic kit), so I am in for a challange and have already banged my head against a wall quite a few times. Hopefully I can cry out for help here if needed.

I have discovered that Richelieu is perhaps more difficult than other ships to build, but my hull and decks are finished and I am currently working on the superstructure.

I am really looking forward to enjoy this forum.

Cheers .... Poul

non descript
29th May 2008, 11:45
Poul, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community: enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings - including the updates on the Richelieu - in due course. Bon Voyage.

K urgess
29th May 2008, 11:54
Welcome to the crew, Poul.
An interesting project and I look forward to seeing the results of your labours.
Plenty of modellers in the crew can give you advice if needed.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the voyage.

Harvey Williams
29th May 2008, 13:13
Welcome aboard Poul.
Greetings from Wales. That certainly is a huge project you have undertaken, I wish you all the very best of luck, and I look forward to seeing the finished article.
Harvey

poulw
29th May 2008, 13:44
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll try to dry-fit the bits and pieces I've made so far and post some pics during next week (if I can figure out how to do it).

My diary tells me that I have made 384 parts from 2911 subparts so far - and I am not even half way through the project.

Bruce Carson
29th May 2008, 14:43
Poul, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
From someone with two left hands, I wish you much success with the model.
Good to have you onboard and I really think you'll enjoy our site.

Bruce

R58484956
29th May 2008, 16:14
Greetings Poul and welcome. Bon voyage.

benjidog
29th May 2008, 22:52
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
30th May 2008, 01:43