Introduction

JanScholte
29th May 2008, 13:33
Hi All (?)

My name is Jan Scholte, i'am a 66 year "young" Dutch national living in Cape Town-South Africa.
I am retired as General Manager-Operations/Fishing of the Sea Harvest fishing company in Saldanha (RSA)
I attended the Nautical Colleges of Delzijl and Amsterdam in the late fifties early sicxties.
I sailed for about 8 years as Navigation Officer with the "Stoomvaart Maatschappij Nederland" (Nedlloyd Lines) and Royal Interocean Lines (KJCPL).
Worked as Manager and Director for various Marine Contracting companies, before joining Sea Harvest, which is a Deepsea trawler owner and Fish processing establishment in Saldanha.
The reason for myself entering this interesting website, was to have a look into your advertised Marine distance tables, to try and establish the distance from Albany in Austalia to Saldanha ( but not follwing the "great circle" as indicated in the free issue of Dataloy Distance Tables. At this stage still unsuccessful on this issue.
I will do some more "talking" in the near furure.
Kind regards
Jan(Jester)

K urgess
29th May 2008, 13:37
Welcome aboard from northern England, Jan.
I'm sure you will enjoy exploring the ship and joining in with the crew.
Enjoy the voyage.

Bruce Carson
29th May 2008, 13:40
Thanks for the fine introduction, Jan, and a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia,
I think you'll find much of interest on SN and we'll be looking forward to your future postings.

Bruce

non descript
29th May 2008, 13:40
Jan, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community: enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage.

R58484956
29th May 2008, 15:15
Greetings Jan and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

benjidog
29th May 2008, 21:53
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
30th May 2008, 00:43
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage