Hello from Bodø, Norway!

jbodogaard
29th May 2008, 17:00
I'm a teacher/historian living in Bodø, a city in the nort of Norway. I'm trying to track ships with the name Bodø. Up till now I've found 10 -11, from one in 1892 till to-day's ferry Bodø, going from Bodø to Lofoten. Some of these Bodøs were engaged in foreign trade, and many of them had other names before and/or after they had the name Bodø. This makes my work a puzzle so therefore I'm now asking for help: Please inform me if you know anything about ships named Bodø!

Thank you!

Jan Oscar Bodøgaard

R58484956
29th May 2008, 17:16
Greetings Jan and a warm welcome to SN from the south of England.
Bon voyage.

James_C
29th May 2008, 17:33
Welcome Jan, and welcome aboard!
I've only been to Bodø once, that was in March 2007 when on a NATO exercise in Norway.

K urgess
29th May 2008, 17:38
Welcome aboard from northern England, Jan.
I hope our crew can help in your search.
If you search Miramar at http://www.miramarshipindex.org.nz/ using bodo without the accents you will get 8.
Explore the ship, join in and enjoy the voyage.

Steve Woodward
29th May 2008, 17:39
Jan - welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us, best of luck with your search
Steve

Frank P
29th May 2008, 20:11
Welcome onboard Jan, enjoy the site.
Cheers Frank

Bruce Carson
29th May 2008, 21:07
Jan, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Marconi Sahib has found eight Bodos and I hope there some there that are new to you.
Good to have you onboard.

Bruce

ian d.cameron
29th May 2008, 21:51
Eight ships called Bodo and an other five with bodo in the name
http://www.miramarshipindex.org.nz/ship/list

benjidog
29th May 2008, 23:01
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
30th May 2008, 01:42
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

mikeg
30th May 2008, 11:43
Jan, welcome aboard to SN.
Also in Bodø just the once on a Shell tanker. A memorable trip Bodø, Tromsø, Kirkenes.
I hope you'll enjoy the site.

RayJordandpo
30th May 2008, 12:12
Hi Jan and welcome to SN
I was on a drilling rig on location in the Arctic Circle. We would take a helicopter out from Bodo to the Lofoten Islands then on to the rig. It was quite funny as we had to wait on Lofoten for the helicopter to take the local kids to school on the mainland, it would then return and take us out to the rig.
Ray Jordan