vmr

vmr
30th May 2008, 00:54
G'Day from oz, found your site while looking at a cardiff archives site, having been at sea myself and a lighthouse keeper, found a great site!. my mother said her dad was a chief steward in reardon smiths and ellerman wilson line in the 1920s, and came ashore in 1930. he sailed in york city, and for some years in steamville, has anybody got a photo of these two ships or any info?, one thing stands out that reardon smiths was a good company, which i can recall my mother saying from coments from her father, today im a vulenteer lifeboatman here in ulladulla three hours south of sydney, kind regards to all, vmr

K urgess
30th May 2008, 01:00
Welcome aboard from northern England, vmr.
A nice introduction and someone in the crew may be able to help.
Explore the ship, join in and enjoy the voyage.

gdynia
30th May 2008, 02:38
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Bruce Carson
30th May 2008, 03:46
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, vmr.
For starters, here's a painting and the story of one very rough voyage of the 'York City'.

http://www.rhiw.com/y_mor/morwyr/owen_hughes/owen_hughes_cym.htm

Bruce

GWB
30th May 2008, 04:19
Welcome aboard Sport from a very wet Brisbane.

GWB

R58484956
30th May 2008, 14:22
Greetings Vmr and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Hugh MacLean
30th May 2008, 17:32
Welcome aboard,
Photo of YORK CITY official number 144723 built in 1922 here: YORK CITY (http://www.merchant-navy.net/Pictures/york%20city.html)
Regards (Thumb)

benjidog
30th May 2008, 23:14
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

vmr
31st May 2008, 01:45
From vmr many thanks for info, shows what a great site this is, i remember one of the strick? or sticks ships arriving in melbourne with stove in steel lifeboat after a trip across the australian bight. the power of the sea. and yes brisbane is having heavy rain as my daughter said on phone last night!, many thanks .

John Crossland
31st May 2008, 05:11
From vmr many thanks for info, shows what a great site this is, i remember one of the strick? or sticks ships arriving in melbourne with stove in steel lifeboat after a trip across the australian bight. the power of the sea. and yes brisbane is having heavy rain as my daughter said on phone last night!, many thanks .

Steel lifeboat ??? (EEK)