new member on the search for information

cheesychive
2nd June 2008, 12:59
Hello all, I have found this site while looking at pictures of MTB 102 sinking in Sandwich,
I have a similar vessel which is a British Powerboat Co motor anti submarine boat. (MASB S32) which is to be the subject of a restoration over the next few years.
I am not sure wether I am on the right forum or in the right place on the forum but I have my fingers crosed that someone here may be able to spread a bit more light on the search. (or tell me where to look).

the info I would like would be photographs of her, info on her crew, any actions, and plans for her superstructure. I do have some model plans and have been in contact with the maritime museum . I am on the bmpt website and have asked on the RAF marine craft foum.

I have made a rough website for those who are interested www.freewebs.com/masb32/ I do hope that there is someone out there who can help.

Thanks, Clive..

R58484956
2nd June 2008, 13:15
Greetings Clive and a warm welcome to SN. Perhaps some members may be able to help you in your quest. Bon voyage.

K urgess
2nd June 2008, 13:46
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Clive.
Sounds like a fascinating project. I wish you every success.
If anyone in our crew can help I'm sure you'll soon find out.
Meanwhile find your way around the ship and Join in.
Enjoy the voyage.

Steve Woodward
2nd June 2008, 17:44
Clive,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, best of luck with your project - do keep us informed of your progress
Steve

benjidog
2nd June 2008, 23:28
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Good luck with your project!

Regards,

Brian

joller6
2nd June 2008, 23:45
Hello Clive,
Welcome to the site,hope you have a nice stay.
Sont know if this will assist but worth a look.
Cheers
joller6

http://www.lambert-plans.com/encom/ships_fast_boats.htm

gdynia
3rd June 2008, 00:41
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

cheesychive
6th June 2008, 16:49
thanks for all your messages guys, I do have a set of model plans which i have made a hull off, but I do not think there is enough detail to construct a real superstructure off. I recon if I get plans from other BPB Co boats they will show general construction methods and I will adapt them.
does anyone have any pointers as to where I could find info on her wartime operations or where she was between 1945 and 1966?
The only award made to a crew member of MASB S32 was a mention in despatches to the chief motor mechanic, Leonard Charles Cobbold, in the New Year Honours List 1943, I am not really sure what this means, but is there any way of finding out who elce was 'aboard' during her service?
All the history I have is in the 'wartime history' bit on my website... http://www.freewebs.com/masb32/wartimehistory.htm
I know some of the MASBs were used for 'special operations' and some of the crews may still think they are still bound by the official secrets act so that may not help but although I doubt they would advertise this with the 'S' prefix does anyone know what the 'S' (MASB S32) was for? she did have type 134 ASDIC fitted and although some boats with this had the prefix not all did.
Thanks, Clive..