Hello, all

Bruce Carson
15th June 2005, 03:49
Hi, I joined today and am really impressed by the activity.
I was brought up on the Clyde when it was still a shipbuilding centre and now live in Michigan. I've always been interested in ships, especially the Scottish lines, both ocean going and coastal. Enjoy very much the North American river, coastal and Great Lakes passenger and freight companies. A little off topic, but if anyone on the forum is an ice boat sailor (DN60), I would love to hear from them.
Best to all,
Bruce Carson

Steve
15th June 2005, 04:13
Hello Bruce and welcome to SN

Bruce Carson
15th June 2005, 04:41
Thanks, Steve, I know I'm going to enjoy the site.

One thing I should have mentioned in my introduction:
I found out about SN from a posting on the Yahoo Group 'Scotships'.
The poster had seen the ad in Ships Monthly.

I also am a member of the Yahoo Group 'NewLinersGroup'.

Bruce C.

Doug Rogers
15th June 2005, 05:08
Welcome Bruce, enjoy the site, any questions or queries..just ask...there a lot of very informed people aboard.

julian anstis
15th June 2005, 09:57
Welcome aboard Bruce,

Hope you enjoy our site...............Have to ask Steve to look in our flag locker to see if we have a Michagonian flag for you.........sure I saw one hung out to dry the other day......enjoy

Julian

Fairfield
15th June 2005, 10:12
Hi Bruce from another Clydesider.I think you should get a Saltire and add to all the others that are now appearing!!! Glad to have you as a member.

thunderd
15th June 2005, 11:12
Hi, I joined today and am really impressed by the activity.
I was brought up on the Clyde when it was still a shipbuilding centre and now live in Michigan. I've always been interested in ships, especially the Scottish lines, both ocean going and coastal. Enjoy very much the North American river, coastal and Great Lakes passenger and freight companies. A little off topic, but if anyone on the forum is an ice boat sailor (DN60), I would love to hear from them.
Best to all,
Bruce Carson
Hi Bruce good to hear you are interested in "Scottish Lines" I spent 4 very happy years with the Ben Line in the fifties. Hope you enjoy the site

Bruce Carson
15th June 2005, 13:19
Thanks again for the warm welcome.
With names like Fairfield and mention of the Ben Line, it's truly nostalgia for me.
Paul, I'm agonizing over the choice of the Saltire of St. Andrew or the Stars & Stripes and that's a difficult choice for me to make. Maybe I'll switch back and forth.
Julian, I'm afraid that I'm the one that should be hung out to dry every so often. Here's a picture and more than you ever wanted to know about the Michigan State Flag. If I remember rightly, the translation of the motto is, roughly, "If you seek a beautiful peninsula, look around you".
Best, Bruce C.