New old member

peter3807
6th June 2008, 00:38
Hello All,
Joined some time ago and just got around to introducing myself. I had a short seagoing career 1970 to 1980. Served my time with Stag Line, 3rd mate, 2nd mate then offshore with Wimpey Marine and Seaforth Maritime. One memorable trip with Stevie Clarkes. Have been reading old Stag Line threads, I seem to be known by a couple of members, SFMILLSY, I think it was ONC 2nd mates at S Shields, you me Barry Burwood from Buries Markes two others and four Iranian
Students. GYDINIA, you were with Staggies the same time as me, does your user name refer to the slight incident the IXIA had entering that historic Polish port. I believe it resulted in an extensive dry dock in Kiel. JOHN HEWITT, I think we did one trip together Rotterdam, Baltimore loaded grain for Piraeus and Salonika where I paid off. There are probably more if I keep searching. Excellent site, excellent well informed and interesting forums.

Peter 3807

Bruce Carson
6th June 2008, 01:21
Peter, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard and it's nice to hear you are enjoying our site.

Bruce

non descript
6th June 2008, 07:20
Peter, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

benjidog
6th June 2008, 22:49
Welcome from Lancashire. I am glad you have come out of the closet after being a member for so long! :)

I hope you will continue to enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Steve Woodward
6th June 2008, 23:51
Peter,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us
Steve

gdynia
7th June 2008, 01:36
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage. Your surname would not happen to be Cowling

billyboy
7th June 2008, 04:08
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

GWB
7th June 2008, 09:38
Welcome aboard from Brisbane Australia I am sure you will enjoy the trip.
Cheers
GWB