Another New Boy

Ian Charlton
12th June 2008, 18:25
Hi to all at Ships Nostalgia, happened across this site by chance while looking for info on the ships my old man used to work on for Souters of Newcastle. His name was Ralph Charlton and before Souters worked For Strick Line, I think. If anyone remembers him and has any memories of him (good or bad)dont hesitate to get in touch. Never actually went to sea myself but ended up serving an apprenticeship in the dry docks on the Tyne and as such worked on loads of different vessels over the years from '77 till about '99 off and on. Used to take a few pix of ships in my youth so i'll see if i've still got them and try to post some.

Bruce Carson
12th June 2008, 18:30
Ian, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Chances are good that you'll be hearing from some old shipmates of your father.
Good to have you onboard and we'll be looking for your pictures.

Bruce

non descript
12th June 2008, 19:08
Ian, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

K urgess
12th June 2008, 19:39
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Ian.
Find your way around the ship and join in with the crew.
Enjoy the voyage.

R58484956
12th June 2008, 20:06
Greetings Ian and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

benjidog
13th June 2008, 00:04
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

joller6
13th June 2008, 00:14
A warm welcome from me too Ian,hope your stay will be a good one as i am sure it will be.
There is sure to be someone who will recall your Dad. Live in hope!
Cheers
joller6

gdynia
13th June 2008, 01:20
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
13th June 2008, 01:41
Welcome aboard from the Philippines Ian. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Ian Charlton
15th June 2008, 16:38
Thanks to all for the warm welcome
Ian

graham kerr
27th November 2008, 15:55
Hi to all at Ships Nostalgia, happened across this site by chance while looking for info on the ships my old man used to work on for Souters of Newcastle. His name was Ralph Charlton and before Souters worked For Strick Line, I think. If anyone remembers him and has any memories of him (good or bad)dont hesitate to get in touch. Never actually went to sea myself but ended up serving an apprenticeship in the dry docks on the Tyne and as such worked on loads of different vessels over the years from '77 till about '99 off and on. Used to take a few pix of ships in my youth so i'll see if i've still got them and try to post some.
Ian, do hope you find the info you want. I worked as shore staff for strick line from 1966/72 in liverpool, they were great years when "proper" ships sailed the seas!
Let me know if you find any info on shore staff & I'll reciprocate if I can.
Cheers
Graham