Mooney
13th June 2008, 10:42
Hi!
Found this site looking for pictures of ships I sailed on thought it maybe a good way of contacting people I used to sail with, to see where we all ended up and how life has treated us.
I shipped out with Port line from 1972-1977ish. Worked in engine room as Donkey Greaser. Frank Buttler the gent that he was did the hiring and firing.
I have lived in NZ for the last 30years
Cheers Chris

R58484956
13th June 2008, 10:45
Greetings Chris and welcome to SN from a member in the south of England. Enjoy the site and thanks for signing on. Bon voyage.

non descript
13th June 2008, 11:34
Chris, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer and do enjoy reading back through all the earlier posts in the various threads, as they do often contain a heap of information that is unwise to overlook; and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

billyboy
13th June 2008, 11:46
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Harvey Williams
13th June 2008, 12:08
A hearty welcome from Wales, I hope your voyage with S.N. is a pleasant one, I think you find there a grand bunch of guys, and will make you feel very welcome.If you ever need a friendly ear to bend or just a chinwag, you will always find my cabin door open.
Harvey.

K urgess
13th June 2008, 12:19
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Chris.
Plenty of Portline lads among the crew and plenty of information knocking around the ship if you have a look.
Join in and enjoy the trip.

Bruce Carson
13th June 2008, 14:36
Chris, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Chances are you'll be hearing from old shipmates before long.
Make yourself at home and join in our friendly discussions at any time.

Bruce

benjidog
13th June 2008, 23:34
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
14th June 2008, 02:23
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

GWB
14th June 2008, 11:16
Welcome aboard Chris from Brisbane just across the ditch.

GWB