Tony Wells

wellsjseadog
13th June 2008, 12:52
G'day to S.N. & all Members
I was an apprentice engineer with Shaw Savill Line from 1962.Sailing on the m.v.Alaric. m.v. Megantic,And the s.s.Northern Star.
Finished up sailing on the 'Northern Star" in 1974 as Second Engineer. under Chief Engineer Tom Fulton.
Emigrated to Melbourne Australia in 1974, Worked as an Engineer with Melbourne Water until retirement in 2001, and currently work part-time as a Taxi driver in the Melbourne suburb of Frankston (and thoroughly enjoying it ,as well as golfing & fishing............. EVERYTHING AN OLD SEADOG SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO!!)
I enjoy my views over Port Phillip Bay where I live, & see the ships passing by,not to mention my drives up to Station Pier to see the QUEENS of the Oceans when they visit us..........such as the recent visits of the Majestic "Queen Victoria' & the"QE2".
I look forward to future membership of S.N. and contact with members.
Best wishes to all,
Tony Wells (Aged 62)

K urgess
13th June 2008, 13:14
Welcome aboard, Tony.
Quite a few Shaw Swivel lads in the crew, some you may have sailed with.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the trip.

non descript
13th June 2008, 13:15
Tony, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

Bruce Carson
13th June 2008, 13:33
A warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Tony.
I hope SN will add to your enjoyment and we look forward to your postings in the future.
Good to have you onboard.

Bruce

R58484956
13th June 2008, 17:15
Greetings Tony and a warm welcome to SN. Plenty of us engineers on board from examiners to juniors, so feel at home (on board). Thanks for signing on and enjoy the experience. Bon voyage.

billyboy
13th June 2008, 22:47
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
14th June 2008, 01:22
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage