Hello from California

Mariah
17th June 2008, 00:01
I have just discovered and joined SN. It looks as if it will be fun and interesting. I am a former flight attendant, former travel agency owner and current avid cruiser. I live aboard my 58' m/v in Northern California.

I joined in part because twenty years ago when I owned a travel agency we belonged to a service which provided information on all the cruise ships at sea - brief profiles written largely I believe in the Crow's Nest bars - but of greater interest to me was the "where are they now" aspect in that it provided current and previous notes on almost all cruise ships ever, even is they had sunk or been scuttled.

I can't remember the name, but would love to find something similar!

Thank you for any assistance provided.

Mariah Wills

gdynia
17th June 2008, 00:19
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

K urgess
17th June 2008, 00:34
Welcome to the crew, Mariah.
Find your way around the ship, join in with the crew and enjoy the voyage.

billyboy
17th June 2008, 00:42
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

John Rogers
17th June 2008, 01:45
Welcome to the site Mariah from hot and humid St. Louis. There is a lot of talent on this board and I'm sure someone will be here to help you. The wife and I try to get in two cruises a year in,we are off to Germany next month to cruise down the Danube on a Riverboat.

John.

Bruce Carson
17th June 2008, 02:14
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Mariah.
I almost certain our crew will find the appropriate sites for you.
Make yourself at home and join in our friendly discussions at any time.

Bruce

spongebob
17th June 2008, 07:30
Welcome to the site Mariah from hot and humid St. Louis. There is a lot of talent on this board and I'm sure someone will be here to help you. The wife and I try to get in two cruises a year in,we are off to Germany next month to cruise down the Danube on a Riverboat.

John.

John, we will all expect a full report on your voyage down the river on your return.
I have often contemplated cruising the European rivers but it is difficult to get a first hand opinion. An English canal boat hire is another item on the wish list

Bob

Frank P
17th June 2008, 08:18
Welcome onboard Mariah, enjoy the site. Did you ever write anything about the Royal Viking Star?
Cheers Frank

R58484956
17th June 2008, 19:17
Greetings Mariah and welcome to SN from a member in the south of England. Bon voyage.

skymaster
17th June 2008, 20:43
Welcome aboard Mariah from Toronto Canada!Enjoy the site.Love your part of the world.

skymaster

Harvey Williams
17th June 2008, 21:08
Croeseo y Cymru. Welcome from Wales, Mariah. Really hope you enjoy the trip on S.N. I think you will find a great crew aboard.If ever you fancy a chinwag I have a good ear.
Harvey.

benjidog
17th June 2008, 23:06
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Keith Adams
25th July 2008, 18:21
Hi Mariah, Welcome to this great site - I have been conspicuous by my absence these past few months. Your brief 'bio' is most interesting.
Should you have a desire to help out as a Crew Member of the National Liberty Ship Memorial ss"Jeremiah O'Brien" either aboard at Pier 45 or, in the office at Pier 23, San Francisco, we would be pleased to welcome you.
Please visit ssjeremiahobrien.org if interested in what we do. Anyone else reading this post would be welcome also. Cheers, Keith

doric
26th July 2008, 11:02
Welcome aboard from Australia, earlier Wales.

I have no doubt that you mention the name of a ship and someone on this great ship will give you the information.
Terence Williams,