Clyde Steamers

uddingston2000
16th June 2005, 18:57
Hi,

New member here. My primary interests are the ships and river steamers of the Clyde and Western Isles of Scotland. Any like-minded folk around?

japottinger
16th June 2005, 19:25
See my postings of Duchess of Montrose and Keppel

uddingston2000
16th June 2005, 19:45
See my postings of Duchess of Montrose and Keppel
I would like to - but I can't seem to find a link. Like I said, I'm new here! How's it done.

julian anstis
16th June 2005, 19:54
go to the top of this page and click Search Forums....type in the link you want ie: KEPPEL....and bob's your uncle....hopefully.

You can also search for a photo in the gallery this way by going to gallery at top of page...click search gallery.....type in ships name..... and it will take you to any photos listed under that name........

Bruce Carson
16th June 2005, 20:14
Hi, one of my addictions too.
Just for fun and to prove I'm shameless, I thought I'd post a picture of the Carson kids on board the King Edward, the Denny built first ever commercial turbine powered steamship.

uddingston2000
16th June 2005, 21:53
Thanks everyone for your help. I've found the photos and even added a couple of my own.

Fairfield
17th June 2005, 05:43
Welcome from me too.Glad you found the pics.Look forward to seeing more of yours.Pic of mine in the Gallery of CALEDONIAN ISLES.

Scotships
17th June 2005, 16:36
Good to see you all here as well as in Scotships

shipmate17
23rd July 2005, 18:26
Hi,

New member here. My primary interests are the ships and river steamers of the Clyde and Western Isles of Scotland. Any like-minded folk around?

Hi,
Although not my main interest in shipping I have bought 3 good books on the clyde ships,giving lots of old photos. ie. Fifty Years Of Shipowning.(A.F.Henry & MacGregor.also Govan Maritime Past.and The Campbells of Kilmun. Highly recomended for old photos.
shipmate17

flyer682
23rd July 2005, 21:55
Welcome aboard, Uddingstonian. Enjoy the site and what we have to offer. Should be plenty for you to enjoy.
Please take the time to read the thread "Guidelines To Posting" in either the Members Notice Board or Say Hello forums. Should help with any questions you may have regarding posting to the Site.

michael james
24th July 2005, 09:28
Welcome Uddingstonian. Like the photos you have posted atmosphere galore ! Enjoy all aspect of this varied and knowledgable site.