ex finnjet

lurline
22nd June 2008, 00:11
i listen that the "da vinci"(EEK) ,ex FINNJET is beached in alang ???????????

is that true???????????????(Cloud)

lurline
22nd June 2008, 13:18
it is true!!!!!!!!
the princessa marissa and serenade ex mermoz too
all three waiting at alang!!!!!!!!!!

wigger
23rd June 2008, 21:35
Thats a crying shame! She was an amazing ship. :(

lurline
24th June 2008, 17:49
all three ships!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shame

Paul UK
24th June 2008, 20:28
You should see the state of Norway on Maritime Matters really sad.

Paul

PhilColebrook
7th August 2008, 20:25
Not as sad as the QE2 blinged out and baking in the Dubai sun.

lurline
15th August 2008, 09:18
have anyone found pictures from the breaking ??

Fairfield
15th August 2008, 10:20
Sorry to hear that she is away. She was a stalwart of the Baltic and it's hard to believe she was built in 1977.
I had all the drawings and articles from the Motor Ship but mislaid them and they told me to get in touch with Wartsila who might be able to provide copies as the MS didn't have any.
This I did and they couldn't have been more helpful- very proud of their ship.
I never managed to get a trip on her.
My abiding memory of her is in 1987 when on UBC's BALTIC EAGLE heading out of Helsinki being overtaken at the proverbial rate of knots by FINNJET. Think there's a pic in the Gallery-if not, I'll dig it out. I'll see if I can find some of the Wartsila stuff as well.

muldonaich
16th August 2008, 14:14
Sorry to hear that she is away. She was a stalwart of the Baltic and it's hard to believe she was built in 1977.
I had all the drawings and articles from the Motor Ship but mislaid them and they told me to get in touch with Wartsila who might be able to provide copies as the MS didn't have any.
This I did and they couldn't have been more helpful- very proud of their ship.
I never managed to get a trip on her.
My abiding memory of her is in 1987 when on UBC's BALTIC EAGLE heading out of Helsinki being overtaken at the proverbial rate of knots by FINNJET. Think there's a pic in the Gallery-if not, I'll dig it out. I'll see if I can find some of the Wartsila stuff as well.i think she was built after the seatrain ships with the gas turbines did they ever rengine finnjet kev.

lurline
21st September 2008, 19:57
bad pictures

www.finnjetweb.com/alang/Outside/slides/P1060973.html (http://www.finnjetweb.com/alang/Outside/slides/P1060973.html)

muldonaich
21st September 2008, 23:09
bad pictures

www.finnjetweb.com/alang/Outside/slides/P1060973.html (http://www.finnjetweb.com/alang/Outside/slides/P1060973.html)
no pictures??? did they ever re engine this ship?????

K urgess
21st September 2008, 23:17
That should work now, muldonaich.
Cheers
Kris

MikeK
22nd September 2008, 09:31
i think she was built after the seatrain ships with the gas turbines did they ever rengine finnjet kev.
I believe she was fitted with a couple of diesels in the interest of economy, but I recall being told she kept the turbines for when she had to get a move on - and move she certainly did !! Anyone know if this was true ??

Mike

lurline
23rd September 2008, 17:40
at this site are more than 50 pictures from alang

cos918
21st February 2009, 20:39
I believe she was fitted with a couple of diesels in the interest of economy, but I recall being told she kept the turbines for when she had to get a move on - and move she certainly did !! Anyone know if this was true ??

Mike

Yes this is true . In winter they would run diesel only and in summer they would bring on the turbines. If you go to the web site in the link you can read all about her.

John

http://www.finnjetweb.com/

MikeK
22nd February 2009, 17:21
Thanks for confirming what I had been told, John, and the link to the very interesting site. I have to admit the first photo of her up on the beach brought a bit of a lump to my throat at the sight of such a fine ship's end. - but don't let on to anyone I know that I admitted getting sentimental over a ship !! (EEK)

Mike