Hello Folks

Phil Trott
25th June 2008, 12:11
Just arrived at the grand old age of 60 and getting a mild attack of the nostalgia's. Thought I would try and find some photographs of my first ship, the Orient City and accidentally stumbled on this site. Still finding my way round but looks interesting !
Cheers, Phil T.

K urgess
25th June 2008, 13:09
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Phil.
I'm sure you'll find a friendly crew and a lot of interest.
Explore the ship, join in and enjoy the trip.

non descript
25th June 2008, 13:16
Phil, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

R58484956
25th June 2008, 19:13
Greetings Phil and welcome to SN from a member in the south of England. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

benjidog
25th June 2008, 23:18
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

billyboy
26th June 2008, 00:29
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
26th June 2008, 01:51
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

TonyR
26th June 2008, 02:51
Hi Phil,
I think you will find (Orient City) what you are looking for at www.photoship.co.uk just scroll down to the letter 'O"s. good luck.

Mick Spear
26th June 2008, 04:40
Welcome Phil from a fellow Welshman. There a a few Reardon Smith folk aboard.
Mick S

Phil Trott
27th June 2008, 18:46
Thanks for all the welcomes and the help looking for the pictures, I'm getting close !.There are a few cracking pictures of the Australian City on this site taken when I was on my second trip as apprentice including one with her sister ship ( Eastern City ) in Houston which certainly brought the memories back. Another one of the Welsh city in dry dock getting a new engine, more memories because although I was on deck I spent more time in the engine room on my 'Welsh' trip labouring for the engineers trying to keep one of the Rustons going with spare bits from the other. Thanks again all, looking forward to spending quite a few hours on the site.

doric
30th June 2008, 13:46
Welcome to a fellow boyo,
Born Swansea 1927, after 9 years with Shaw Savill and British Phosphate Commission, I settled in Melbourne Australia. This is a well run ship, no discrimination, no swinging the lead, and a great crew, so enjoy it to the fullest. Terence Williams.

doric
30th June 2008, 13:49
By the way Phil, your are just a youngster!, I celebrated my 80th late 2007, Cymru am Byth!. Terence Williams.