Arcadia

Eric Norris
17th June 2005, 11:52
I would be interested to compare notes with any members who have had the pleasure of sailing on P & Os new Arcadia. I did the second of her maiden voyages and was quite impressed although I have enjoyed trips on Aurora more.

Pompeyfan
7th October 2005, 01:28
I was going on her in August, but my son pulled out so I changed to Oriana. I spoke to the comedian on Oriana who had just been on Arcadia and was not too keen on her.

My main reason for wanting to go on Arcadia was because of her name having worked on the old one. But I was not sure if I would like a ship with adults only. Being a father and grandfather and being on ships with all ages, I reckon it would be weird and not natural without children with possibly a lot of miserable old sods who don't like kids and miserable to be with anyway. But I could be totally wrong. It is nice for a bit of peace and quiet at times, but not ALL the time. She certainly looks a nice ship. But I loved Oriana finding her much better than Aurora. Many passengers I spoke to prefers Oriana to any other P&O ship. My sister has just been on Oceana, but other passengers all preferred Oriana. David

newda898
7th October 2005, 17:26
Hi Eric.
If you go to www.welovecruising.co.uk (http://www.welovecruising.co.uk) and join the group they'll help you out at no end. Loads of them have been on Arcadia and all the P&O ships.

Daniel.

Billy Brown
23rd February 2006, 18:06
(Whaaa) I would be interested to compare notes with any members who have had the pleasure of sailing on P & Os new Arcadia. I did the second of her maiden voyages and was quite impressed although I have enjoyed trips on Aurora more.
Hi Eric
the wife and I went on her last Nov. for our 25th Anniv. I found the ship and the service to be of the usual very high P&O standard,we've also been on Oceana & Oriana. The ships hotel staff were very good and eager to please.
There was only one time when I had to complain, my first on any P&O ship, and that was on the evening we celebrated our Anniv. I wanted a bottle of bubbly out on deck, we were in the Carribean, and a waitress told me that I would have take it outside myself, ice bucket and all, and drink from plastic glasses!!!
I told her this was not what I have come to expect from P&O and would she get me the Bar Manager. He duly arrived and told me that this was now Co policy and did I wish to make a further complaint to the food and beverage manager? I said I would, expecting to have to write it out, But just then the F&B manager who was doing his rounds turned up. I told him the story and of the fact that I was not impressed by this Co policy after all it was 23:30 hrs on an adult only ship and that the bubbly was 40 a bottle and that the year before on Oceana, celebrating our joint 50ths, we had none of this and were treated like royalty, and she was a child friendly ship.
Anyway the end of this was that we had our bubbly out on deck with proper glasses, the 40 we had paid would be credited back to our shipboard account, and lo and behold the next morning we were given a free champagne breakfast in bed courtesy of P&O.
As for the ship herself. I thought she was a bit too big for my liking. We have booked Oceana again for next July, down the Med Soton to Soton.