Hello from Scotland

tugmistress
26th June 2008, 21:20
Was told about this site by a new friend of mine, the crew onboard the ex fishing vessel 'Honestas' which now works as a sea angling charter vessel.
They are currently berthed here in Scrabster in the far north of Scotland, i got a good shot of them fishing a competition last week in rough weather and they want me to post it here, though looking in the gallery section which bit do i post it in? advice greatfully received (==D)

Anyway, this says introductions so a little about me ...
Am a female stevedore working the northlink ferry 'Hamnavoe' that runs between scrabster and stromness. I love watching and listening to the ships coming in and out of port. i love photography too. I'll probably not post much on the written front but on the pictures you'll see a lot.Moved up here in 2002 from hull where i worked for global shipping (the agency) working various timber, steel, paper and cocoa bean ships in hull immingham and goole.

that's enough to bore you about me (==D)

Paula

K urgess
26th June 2008, 21:42
Welcome aboard from up the River Hull from Hull, Paula.
If you enable the fishing vessel gallery (see the guidelines in the notice board) that seems the best bet.
I'm sure the crew will enjoy your pictures.
Find your way around the ship and join in.
Enjoy the voyage.

non descript
26th June 2008, 22:52
Paula, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

Sister Eleff
26th June 2008, 23:23
Welcome from Australia Tugmistress, (Wave) I'm sure you will find lots to interest you on the site :p

benjidog
26th June 2008, 23:39
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
27th June 2008, 01:53
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
27th June 2008, 01:56
Welcome aboard from the Philippines Paula. Enjoy all this great site has to offer. Several female members here already so you are in good company here.

R58484956
27th June 2008, 10:56
Greetings Paula and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

calumd
27th June 2008, 13:44
hello everyone just signed on today

tugmistress
27th June 2008, 15:06
Hi guys
and thanks for the welcome :)
hi to you too calum :)

loylobby
27th June 2008, 16:48
Hope you don't forsake us on Caithness.org. (Brokencross)

tugmistress
27th June 2008, 20:36
Hope you don't forsake us on Caithness.org. (Brokencross)

not a hope .... i am not got rid of that easily lol

charles henry
27th June 2008, 21:24
[Welcome from Canada Paula, ex Scot from Glasgow and am sure you will enjoy yourself on this site, a miriad of views, people and subjects
chas henry (Pint)

Chief Engineer's Daughter
28th June 2008, 18:46
A warm welcome from Shetland Tugmistress. Hope you enjoy the voyage.

Skol
CED

tugmistress
28th June 2008, 23:30
Thank you folks,
thoroughly enjoying the photographs, both old and new and from such a wide variety of places, i think i have an addiction to boats and ships lol

Jim Yates
29th June 2008, 00:54
Hi Paula. and Welcome.
Have been a member for a while. But with working on the rigs have just not had the time to post or chat. Just retired 22 years MN 30 years Offshore.
so hoping to catch up on things .Offshore motto. Do it Right Do it safe We all go home.
regards Jim

doric
30th June 2008, 14:02
Welcome Paula,

This is the best voyage you will ever make , it is such a great friendly crew, and you will not want to leave them, good sailing. Terence Williams.