Captain Jack Gould

Stav
26th June 2008, 23:11
Hi I just wonder if anyone out there sailed with my Uncle Capt Jack Gould who was from North Wales.He woud have been a captain in the Early 60's,I am trying to compile a list of ships he used to sail on.

Thanks

Stav

non descript
27th June 2008, 07:08
Stav, on the occasion of your first post may I extend a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Hopefully somone will rally to the call and come forward with news of your uncle for you, in the meantime Bon Voyage.

R58484956
27th June 2008, 22:03
Greetings Stav and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

MICHAEL SQUIRES
1st July 2008, 09:18
My father Capt F J Squires, sailed as Cheif Officer with Capt. Gould on the Jason for 3 trips about 1959/60, he also sailed as 2nd mate when he was Chief Officer on the same ship in 1951.

I think my Dad still has his book which shows which ships he sailed on so I will veryfi the dates when I see him next.

Regards

Mike Squires

GWB
1st July 2008, 09:48
Welcome aboard enjoy the trip I am sure someone will help you in your search

George

Hank
6th July 2008, 15:50
Hi Stav,
If you've got his discharge book then you will already know this, but 'Farmer' Gould, as he was known, was Mate on the Anchises on her maiden voyage in May 1947, and probably for several more thereafter. I was a humble midshipmite on the ship.
I also coasted the Perseus with him 15 Oct 57 to 2 Nov 57 when he was Master.
Cheers, John

Stav
6th July 2008, 23:41
No unfortuantly his discharge book has long been lost,now I am definatly intreaged to why he was called Farmer Gould

Cheers Dave

"Paddy" walsh
6th November 2008, 23:12
Stav.
My first trip to sea at age 16, midshipman on the Jason bound to Aussie land. Captain Gould was Master and was scared of the grumpy old guy he seemed to be. As it turned out he was a fine gent. Joke was he owned a store in Aden and we were only let ashore to shop there ! think it might have been true! Best story was that he announced to all the passengers that his officers were homosexuals as he saw the lookout passing the 3/O at the change of watch and sticking his finger into his **** (he was leaning forward on the bridge wing ) with the words " hows that for centre third" ! Its true as I was witness to Capt, Goulds hurmp! as he left the chartroom. Hope this brings a smile to you.