hi all

taffy1
27th June 2008, 06:12
im geoff anderson born in cardiff, now living in nz.started me sea legs on bristol pilots,queen mother as galley boy. then onto cardiff sea training school, with mr coward. had my 16 birthday in las palmas, on the roslin castle,as deck boy.worked my way up to ab before falling in love with the hairy triangle. ships i sailed on .roslin castle,rocherter castle capetown castle ,hornby grange ,iron ore ,assiduity ,jubilence ,asperella ,hamble and la
st but not least the dunadd. all in the mid 1960s to 70s.glad to meet you all.

billyboy
27th June 2008, 07:03
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer.
Plenty of "Triangle" snared sailors here...LOL

taffy1
27th June 2008, 08:09
thanks billyboy. yep your right ,to many triangles, not enough time lol

non descript
27th June 2008, 08:13
Taffy, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community, that Hornby Grange is a great name to see; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

vasco
27th June 2008, 10:22
Hi Taffy from an adopted Cardiffian.

You will find loads on here, already photos and tales of the Hornby.
We may well have been together on her, though your name does not ring a bell.

See my profile for the dates (just click on my name).

Enjoy your browsing and warn your family and friends they won't be seeing you for a while. This site is addictive and the members are very helpful.

Taffy

R58484956
27th June 2008, 10:52
Greetings Geoff and welcome to SN from the south of England. Nice introduction you gave. Bon voyage.

K urgess
27th June 2008, 10:55
Welcome to the crew, Geoff.
I see you've met some of the lads already so find your way around the ship and enjoy the trip.

benjidog
27th June 2008, 20:40
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
28th June 2008, 02:29
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

vasco
28th June 2008, 06:58
Hi Taffy from an adopted Cardiffian.

You will find loads on here, already photos and tales of the Hornby.
We may well have been together on her, though your name does not ring a bell.

See my profile for the dates (just click on my name).

Enjoy your browsing and warn your family and friends they won't be seeing you for a while. This site is addictive and the members are very helpful.

Taffy

(this is a copy o an earlier post which is not showing on your thread, apologies if it duplicates)

doric
30th June 2008, 14:29
Hello from one Taffy to another!,
Born in Swansea Wales, then went to sea with Shaw Savill Lines 1950/55, including the Royal Commonwealth Tour, then with British Phosphate Commission 1955/59, settling in Melbourne Australia 1959 and still here, celebrated my 80 th year in .2007. Welcome aboard, Cymru am Byth!.
Terence Williams.