hi from Moray

jimmyd
28th June 2008, 19:55
Hi Just a wee note to introduce myself. I am an ex-fisher from Moray in Scotland and like all things marine Hope to post more after I have had a good look around the site

Regards

Jimmyd

K urgess
28th June 2008, 19:58
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Jimmyd.
Plenty of fishermen in the crew to chat with.
If you want to see the fishing vessel gallery go here and follow the instructions -
http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=10667
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the voyage.

R58484956
28th June 2008, 20:42
Hi Jimmy and welcome to SN from the south of England. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

billyboy
28th June 2008, 23:57
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

jimmyd
29th June 2008, 16:21
thanks for your welcome lads! been away from the sea for a while. nice to see and talk to people that i have not seen in years, and make new friends.

james (Pint)

benjidog
29th June 2008, 22:56
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

jimmyd
29th June 2008, 23:23
cheers for that I may ask for some help researching a Harrison Line ship from WW2 for my wife soon and any pointers would be gratefully accepted

James (Thumb)

non descript
29th June 2008, 23:32
James, I am sure you will get all the answers you need as and when you post your query on Harrisons and whichever ship of their it is, in the meantime a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

gdynia
30th June 2008, 00:51
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Derek Roger
5th July 2008, 20:32
Welcome from Canada ( although I am presently in Inverness on vacation )
Fished the Spey at Craigellachie many a time . Does Aberlour still have the Cabbage Ball ??

Enjoy the site regards Derek

jimmyd
6th July 2008, 21:20
Thanks for the welcome. How long are you here? We have only been in Aberlour for a year so the Cabbage Ball is a new one(?HUH) I will ask though and get back to you

James(@)

Harvey Williams
6th July 2008, 22:14
Hello Jim. A very warm welcome aboard, enjoy your trip on S.N. You will find one of the finest bodies of men around here. Always ready for a chat at smokoe or over a cold one in The Pig. See you there.
Harvey.

Derek Roger
7th July 2008, 21:45
Thanks for the welcome. How long are you here? We have only been in Aberlour for a year so the Cabbage Ball is a new one(?HUH) I will ask though and get back to you

James(@)

Ill be going back to Canada a week tomorrow . The Cabbage was an annual event in Aberlour . It was early 70s when I was last at the ball . |We closed the Craigellachie hotel and all went along for the fun ! Jimmy Shand Junior was the band and after the Ball was over all went back to Craigellachie ( taking the band with us )and partied until dawn . Oh Happy Days !
Derek

|PS Yes I did manage to get up and go fishing next day .