Hello all Ship Watchers

Dave Penn
17th June 2005, 16:33
My enthusiasmn for ships and anything to do with large engineering was sparked by my Mum, sadly gone to the big port in the sky now, she took me on cruises on the P & O Ships Oriana, Arcadia, Himalaya all in the late Sixtes. They were brilliant hollidays and I would have definitely joined the merchant if it hadn't been for my Dads complete opposition to me doing it! Anyway ended up being a long distance truck driver doing continental work so I still got to travel on lots of interesting ro-ro ferries. I'm now retired through ill health but still travel to Hull or Liverpool to catch up with shipping traffic.

Steve
17th June 2005, 16:35
Welcome to SN Dave

julian anstis
17th June 2005, 16:43
Hi Dave,

At least you have the enthusiasmn!......that's all we need here,.....The Messroom is the same as a transport caff .....the whole world is put to rights in both...same language different subject.

Welcome aboard....catch up with you soon

Julian

Fred3860
17th June 2005, 17:40
My enthusiasmn for ships and anything to do with large engineering was sparked by my Mum, sadly gone to the big port in the sky now, she took me on cruises on the P & O Ships Oriana, Arcadia, Himalaya all in the late Sixtes. They were brilliant hollidays and I would have definitely joined the merchant if it hadn't been for my Dads complete opposition to me doing it! Anyway ended up being a long distance truck driver doing continental work so I still got to travel on lots of interesting ro-ro ferries. I'm now retired through ill health but still travel to Hull or Liverpool to catch up with shipping traffic.
Hello Dave,
I am just a ship watcher over here in Bangor N.Ireland. I have just joined to-day and there is certainly a lot to interest one on this site. I am also retired. I had an older brother who was a Chief R/O on the ships you mentioned and at the time you were cruising.
Take care, Fred

Doug Rogers
18th June 2005, 00:10
Hi Dave,
Welcome aboard the site and hope you enjoy it. There are a few pictures that I have posted of the P&O vessels..all under Ocean Liners if you want to view them.

flyer682
18th June 2005, 11:32
Welcome aboard, Dave. Enjoy the Site and we look forward to your contribution.