My aplogies

Paul Murphy
20th June 2005, 10:33
I'm new to this forum and have yet to introduce myself.

My name is Paul Murphy and hail from Waterford originally but have moved on. I remember when the main port of Waterford was at the city.....mnay strange vessels passed through and unfortunately I had neither the camera or the good sense to record these vessels.

I did some sea time and still have a great interest in all things nautical.

Paul

flyer682
20th June 2005, 10:43
Welcome aboard, Paul. Enjoy the site, we look forward to your contribution.

Doug Rogers
20th June 2005, 12:19
Welcome Paul, enjoy the site and any questions just ask.

Paul Murphy
20th June 2005, 20:47
The preparations in Waterford are on going although the car parking is going to be troublesome to say the least depending on which side if the city you are coming from. If the weather remains as it has been for the last week or so it should be a great few days.

tell
21st June 2005, 02:32
I spent a most enjoyable xmas there,I think It was about 1951, every one went on strike, unfortunately we were at the railway berth and they wouldn't lift the road bridge to let us out, consequently the banks went on strike and our skipper could only let us have a 5 sub, not that we needed it as we had a cargo of coal and we used that to barter our ale etc, we would put the ashbags full of coal on the pubs back wall then walk out the gate as if butter wouldn't melt in our mouths then go to the pub to claim our ill gotten gains, we made a lot of friends while we were there and I was personally invited to have my xmas dinner at one of their homes, we were also invited to lots of New Years Eve parties. the only thing that marred our stay was to hear about people at home that were dropping like flies with the flu epedemic that was raging in the uk

julian anstis
22nd June 2005, 13:32
Welcome Paul,

Nice to have you join us, enjoy your visit and hope to see you around site with your contributions.

Julian