Lament for Holt's

japottinger
19th July 2008, 20:52
I am sure many old Blue Funnelers have noticed the boob in current Sea Breezes wher they had shown a Lampart & Holt houseflag above the Lament For Holt's poem!
Jim

Santos
19th July 2008, 20:56
Same family flag for one, poem for the other.

Chris

Brian Locking
19th July 2008, 23:45
Same Name, same port but there the similarity ends.

Brian Locking
21st July 2008, 20:24
Whatever happened to Lamport & Holts. Being a Harrison man we always used to joke about the going on in those ships and the ships reputation for being rat infested. Heard they were acquired by Blue Star?

Pat Kennedy
21st July 2008, 21:18
Whatever happened to Lamport & Holts. Being a Harrison man we always used to joke about the going on in those ships and the ships reputation for being rat infested. Heard they were acquired by Blue Star?

I was in the Ronsard, and she was Ok, good food, plenty of overtime, and I never saw a rat.
Pat

K urgess
21st July 2008, 21:19
Ditto Raphael.
Two of my favourite trips.

Bill Davies
21st July 2008, 21:21
I never sailed in them. Just hearsay. I was following on from the previous posts on this thread and comparing two companies sharing same family name and yet at different ends of the spectrum. I always looked upon BF as being the top end and L&H being at the bottom.

Bill Davies
21st July 2008, 21:39
I think it was Oeangoer had experience of the two companies and posted an enlightening thread some time back. I am sure others will have a different view.

glasson
21st July 2008, 22:09
Sailed on the Raeburn for 18 months happy days.