Blue Funnel annual dinner

DURANGO
27th July 2008, 13:49
I am trying to find anyone who went to the annual dinner in october 2007

Bill Davies
1st August 2008, 19:16
I may have asked this question before but I will ask again as this thread is so specific. Is the BFA annual dinners patronized by individuals from all departments or mainly catering as I have heard. There is only one name I can recall from the catering and that was a Ch.Cook by the name Billy Croft (excellent). He used to pipe various coloured potatoes alongside the fish course. Story was he obtained the Navy Blue coloured piped mashed potatoes by using ink. Apparently it had to be Stephens as opposed to Quink. Somebody is bound to know the reason.

DURANGO
2nd August 2008, 11:06
I may have asked this question before but I will ask again as this thread is so specific. Is the BFA annual dinners patronized by individuals from all departments or mainly catering as I have heard. There is only one name I can recall from the catering and that was a Ch.Cook by the name Billy Croft (excellent). He used to pipe various coloured potatoes alongside the fish course. Story was he obtained the Navy Blue coloured piped mashed potatoes by using ink. Apparently it had to be Stephens as opposed to Quink. Somebody is bound to know the reason. The annual dinner is as far as i know attended by people from all departments , the B.F.A. monthly meeting which i have only been able to attend once due to distance was very well organised and very well attended .

Bill Davies
2nd August 2008, 11:21
The annual dinner is as far as i know attended by people from all departments , the B.F.A. monthly meeting which i have only been able to attend once due to distance was very well organised and very well attended .

Sounds interesting. Do you know to whom I may address an interest?
Not too far for me to travel.

Brgds

Bill

jmcg
2nd August 2008, 19:19
Bill

There is a man named Mr Mollilneux who I believe organises the BFR. Do recall it is a postal inquiry only as he has not yet grasped I.T.

Will find his full details for you - but as I am still gainfully employed it will take a few days.

BW

J .

Pat Kennedy
2nd August 2008, 19:32
Bil,
Can I refer you to a thread titled "Blue Funnel Photographs", post#1 by Capt Bax, where he states he is a member of said association and will put you in touch.
Pat

K urgess
2nd August 2008, 19:45
May have a long wait, Pat.
Capt. Bax hasn't been on site since November last year and doesn't subscribe to PMs.
Cheers
Kris

Bill Davies
2nd August 2008, 19:51
All above,

Many thanks you assistance.

Brgds

Bill

jmcg
4th August 2008, 20:41
Bill

Have sent you a PM detailing a contact for the BFA.

BW
J.

Bill Davies
4th August 2008, 20:50
John,

Well received.

Brgds

Bill

lakercapt
4th August 2008, 21:16
Bill If you want Capt Baxter's e-mail address let me know and I will give it to you in PM

Bill Davies
4th August 2008, 21:36
Bill,

Many thanks.

Brgds

Bill D.

Tony Mundella
5th August 2008, 15:56
I would be interested in the Annual Dinner. Went to the Fourah Bay (Elder Dempsters) one last year in Liverpool and another is being organised for 2009 so anyone who was a cadet on the FB should try to be there

eldersuk
5th August 2008, 23:28
Dave Molyneaux's address sent by PM

Derek