Captain Jack Lambert

GeorgeM13
30th July 2008, 23:51
Received a copy of the BP Society newsletter the other day and in the obituary column was the above mentioned name.
I was apprentice as was Gadgee to his being master on the Sergeant in early '69, I remember him as being a good guy.
Two other names there were Captain Lewis Mackay and Captain D Campbell, neither name rings any bells with me but may mean something to you guys out there.
George

ChiefCharles
31st July 2008, 02:17
George, Thanks for info. I assume it is but hope its not the Capt. Duncan Campbell with whom I sailed twice with on the Centaur. Great guy who will be missed.
Regards - Roger

gadgee
31st July 2008, 23:30
George
Sorry to hear about Captain Jack Lambert. I remember him as a pleasant man and quite tall. I sailed with a Captain G Campbell on the Seafarer in the Summer of 71. Think he was a Belfast man?

derekhore
3rd August 2008, 19:20
Sailed with Capt Duncan Campbell in 1974 on the 'Energy' ... had his wife with him.
They were always referred to as Capt & Mr Campbell!!
Nice guy though.

Phil Williams
26th August 2008, 05:34
I sailed with Lewis Mackay when he was Mate if the "Trader" in 1966, a great shipmate, and I regret his passing.

Phil

david freeman
26th August 2008, 09:00
Received a copy of the BP Society newsletter the other day and in the obituary column was the above mentioned name.
I was apprentice as was Gadgee to his being master on the Sergeant in early '69, I remember him as being a good guy.
Two other names there were Captain Lewis Mackay and Captain D Campbell, neither name rings any bells with me but may mean something to you guys out there.
George
Was Lewis' first ship as master ssBritish Skill in 1968?

rodhaigh
10th January 2009, 18:33
Spent about 25% of my apprenticeship in the British Might with Jack Lambert as Mate.
He used to like playing chess during the morning 4-8 after stars.. good quality navigational training we had in those days.
He may well have done his first trip as Master during that time as the Captain missed the ship in Swansea and re-joined the next day in Falmouth.
Sorry to hear of his demise. He was one of the few I remember with any affection