Anybody got a photograph of Brescia?

howardang
5th August 2008, 00:06
I was 3rd Mate of Brescia in 1965 on the Raisins and Sultanas run to Greece, Turkey and up the Black Sea. Does anyone have a picture of her - it would fill a hole in my little collection of ships I sailed in.

Cheers

Howard Anguish

Cutsplice
6th August 2008, 20:50
Hi Howard.
Certainly there is a photo of the Brescia around, can,t remember if its in the gallery here or on another site. Someone will direct you to it, I have seen the photo both as the Brescia and later when she left Cunard and was converted to something else. Her original name was I stand to be corrected here, but I think it was Hickory Isle.. Hope it helps and you will soon be directed to her.

ian d.cameron
6th August 2008, 22:00
Nice looking ship
http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=46468

howardang
6th August 2008, 23:14
Hi Howard.
Certainly there is a photo of the Brescia around, can,t remember if its in the gallery here or on another site. Someone will direct you to it, I have seen the photo both as the Brescia and later when she left Cunard and was converted to something else. Her original name was I stand to be corrected here, but I think it was Hickory Isle.. Hope it helps and you will soon be directed to her.

Yes Thanks for that. Since posting I have found the picture in the gallery section.

Cheers

Howard

callpor
11th August 2008, 12:19
Hi Howard,

How are things with you? Didn't realise you were on those Cunarders - I was 3/O on Alaunia in 67 and 2/0 on Andania in 68. Guess its a long time since I left the Atlantic Conveyor. Good to see I'm not alone in collecting photos of all my old ships and keeping up with ex shipmates. Down in SW France I see more tractors than ships so SN is a daily reminder of my past career and old colleagues. Best regards Chris

howardang
16th August 2008, 00:37
Hi Howard,

How are things with you? Didn't realise you were on those Cunarders - I was 3/O on Alaunia in 67 and 2/0 on Andania in 68. Guess its a long time since I left the Atlantic Conveyor. Good to see I'm not alone in collecting photos of all my old ships and keeping up with ex shipmates. Down in SW France I see more tractors than ships so SN is a daily reminder of my past career and old colleagues. Best regards Chris

Hi Chris,

Good to hear from you. Yes, I sailed on a number of the Lambrettas as 3/0 & 2/0 and and both Sylvania & Carinthia as J 3/0 before Atlantic Causeway as Sen 2/0.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. Now happily retired and spending a lot of time on the inland waterways.

Where are you in SW France? I spent a year in Pauillac in 1975 as master of Fastnet Shore before coming ashore into the office.

Best regards

Howard

R396040
13th October 2008, 19:28
Hi Howard,

Hi Chris,
Reading above we must have sailed together as I was Purser/CS on both Alaunia & Andania and also Atlantic Conveyor usually relief trips. Connection too is that I also live in France (fifteen years now) presently in the SW also
Best wishes,
George (Stuart) Henderson