Crossed the bar: John Costa

muldonaich
8th August 2008, 20:59
i have just been told tonite that john costa chief steward crossed the bar a couple of weeks ago may he rest in peace good guy sailed with him on a few ships kev.

John Rogers
8th August 2008, 21:14
Rest in Peace John,

Keltic Star
9th August 2008, 06:32
Sincere condolences to his family
Bob

Tom S
9th August 2008, 08:27
Sorry to hear thay Kev my Condolences to the family I liked John a lot and sailed with him many times he was a good Chief Steward
Tom

John Cassels
9th August 2008, 08:29
Yes , also very sorry to hear about John. Sailed with him not a few times ;
Trollpark , Clarkeden etc.

Harry Grainger
14th August 2008, 22:19
Yes condolances to the family, sailed with him many times on the GTV's, will always remember the complaints about his cold meats, "spam & corned beef", could we not have a change, so he agreed and the next nights menu read "corned beef & spam". Who else remembers him standing at the end of the bar saying "no I'll just have a 1/2 pint, but put me down for a pint, I can't drink pints like you engineers", but he seemed to to have 3 half pints for our pint !! Hope he had a good retirement before his final drydock
Harry

Varley
13th November 2008, 16:14
I also sailed with Johnny Costa on the GTVs. Sorry to hear his passing. But good to see his passing marked.

David V

R58484956
13th November 2008, 16:30
Condolences to Johns family and friends. RIP

randcmackenzie
13th November 2008, 22:43
I remember John Costa very well, but Barra John I only sailed with once.
Condolences to both families if anyone is in touch.

paddywhack1967
18th November 2008, 12:30
i have just been told tonite that john costa chief steward crossed the bar a couple of weeks ago may he rest in peace good guy sailed with him on a few ships kev.Just payed off kevin,sorry to hear barra john has passed away.pass on my condolences to his family if u can.He was a fantastic to sail with .

muldonaich
22nd November 2008, 19:04
have passed on all messages to the family kev.