Jimmy Stewart.

Philthechill
20th August 2008, 20:56
My name is Phil Roe and I'm ex-Brocklebank/ACL and one of my ex-Brock shipmates (Charlie Drought) let me know that Jimmy Stewart who I sailed with on "Atlantic Causeway" and "Conveyor" died recently. (Charlie was with Jimmy on "Conveyor" when she was Exoceted in The Falklands).
I put news of Jimmy's demise on Brocklebanks Forum but got no follow-up.
I let Charlie know about this and he advised me to put this sad news on the Cunard Forum as Jimmy was a Cunard Chief. Jimmy's passing may well have been reported already and, if this is so, I can only apologise. Regards, Phil Roe

Derek Roger
21st August 2008, 02:42
Thanks Phil ;
I did not know Jimmy Stewart but am still saddened to hear of a fellow company man's passing .
Please pass on my condolences to Jimmy's family and to Charlie .

Kind Regards Derek

R58484956
21st August 2008, 16:53
Sincere condolences to Jims Family from an ex Cunarder.

bryanm
3rd September 2008, 11:36
Sorry to Hear of Jimmy's death.
Sailed with him many times on Atlantic Causeway

david1
24th October 2009, 17:11
Sorry to hear of Jimmy's death, he was a real gentleman and a damn good engineer who was not scared of getting his hands dirty which usually led to few beers after the job was completed, Joe Dundon was his second for a number of years (1967 / 68) sadly Joe passed away in the mid 70s whilst out jogging
Sailed with both of them many times on the "Alaunia" as 4th eng, Joe and I decided to leave Cunard in Dec 1968. Met Jimmy a few years later when the Conveyor dry docked in Lairds.

David Coward

callpor
27th October 2009, 17:47
Sorry to hear of Jimmy's death, he was a real gentleman and a damn good engineer who was not scared of getting his hands dirty which usually led to few beers after the job was completed, Joe Dundon was his second for a number of years (1967 / 68) sadly Joe passed away in the mid 70s whilst out jogging
Sailed with both of them many times on the "Alaunia" as 4th eng, Joe and I decided to leave Cunard in Dec 1968. Met Jimmy a few years later when the Conveyor dry docked in Lairds.

David Coward

Sad to hear that Jimmy and Joe have passed away. Remember them both from my time as Third Mate on "Alaunia" in 1967/8 and then Jimmy on the "Atlantic Conveyor" in 1970/71 where I was Second Mate.

Chris Allport