New website dedicated to the Fairstar

Stooch
30th June 2005, 07:56
Hi everyone.. I've recently launched the first website on the internet dedicated to the Sitmar/P&O TSS Fairstar! The site has deck plans, photos, memorabilia, a history section and much more. Check it out at:

TssFairstar.com (http://www.tssfairstar.com)

Let me know what you think - if you have anything to contribute or have any suggestions, please let me know!

Cheers
- Mike "Stooch" Ristuccia

stevecz
30th June 2005, 10:12
Hi Stooch,
Welcome to SN hope you enjoy it.
You have a very good website, EVERY ship should have one!, seriously, they should.

R58484956
30th June 2005, 13:39
Hi Stooch,Excellent website and welcome to SN
BM

fred henderson
30th June 2005, 19:14
Hi Stooch. Love the site. I hunted out my copy of the 1986 Cruise review published by Fairplay magazine. (Is Fairplay still published?) There is an article about the Australian cruise market. The author Bruce Miller advances the theory that the American and European cruise market was originally serviced by luxurious Transatlantic liners, whereas the the Australian market was built on comfortable but not luxurious mail steamers. As a result the Australians preferred to share a cabin with a bunch of mates and disliked the all twin berth US style ships.
Fairstar was the right ship at the right time. You will know that the cruise industry load factors are expressed as a percentage of the ship's total number of lower berths. In 1986, after the retirement of Oriana, Fairstar achieved a 150% load factor on one voyage. It must have been one hell of a party!

Fred

flyer682
1st July 2005, 07:15
Welcome aboard, Stooch. I must agree with other comments, BUT as you've seen fit to advertise your Site here, how about a reciprocal link?

Stooch
1st July 2005, 07:24
Hi.. thanks for everyone's positive comments - they're much appreciated!

Welcome aboard, Stooch. I must agree with other comments, BUT as you've seen fit to advertise your Site here, how about a reciprocal link?
...done, and.. done! :)

Cheers,
- Mike "stooch" Ristuccia
www.tssfairstar.com