62:01 minutes of Bung bung/Dunk Dunk music

Chief Engineer's Daughter
12th September 2008, 11:43
"Dunk, dunk langs norskeksten" (affectionatley referred to as bung bungs in Shetland) is a wee gem of a CD for those who like to listen to single cylinder engines do their "stuff". Sub tiltled "Musikk fra gamle motorer" (music from old engines) it is from the Norsk Fiskevaetmuseum in Lofoten and it has 25 tracks of various engine noises and 3 tracks of other sea related noises.

Go to www.lofoten-info.no/nfmuseum/ it costs 160K plus 20K P&P.

Have to say it is a strangely relaxing CD. (Jester)

stein
12th September 2008, 11:50
Strange, but I don't hear anything else from the neighbour's music boxes but just a monotonous "dunk, dunk" - never did consider the possibility they might all be nostalgic for old one cylinder engines... Regards, Stein.

Peter Fielding
12th September 2008, 11:55
Just listened to a brief sample of it on the website. I must say it beats pop "music"!

12th September 2008, 11:56
I gather that owners of "Tupperware" boats play the cd when comming alongside!

Tmac1720
12th September 2008, 18:35
As a professional injuneer with a H&W trained ear I would say the spark plugs on the diesel need changed and the timing on the sluice vale goggle flange is way out of kilter (Jester)

Tmac1720
12th September 2008, 18:39
"Dunk, dunk

Have to say it is a strangely relaxing CD. (Jester)

Actually I thought it rather sounded like you twanging on your under pinnings [=P] NOT that I have ever been that fortunate to experience such an event I hasten to add (Jester)

benjidog
12th September 2008, 23:46
Actually I thought it rather sounded like you twanging on your under pinnings [=P] NOT that I have ever been that fortunate to experience such an event I hasten to add (Jester)

Now steady on!

Awaa and tak one o yon wee pills! (EEK)

pete
13th September 2008, 02:03
Now hold hard chaps, everybody on the site is going to hate me for saying this but I think it sounds BETTER than a modern day "Boy's Band". And this from a person who is used to 4,5 or 6 legged Marine Diesels churning away and giving us about 15 knots (Scavenge fires excepted)...............I am now going to run away and hide (Jester) (Jester) ................pete

surfaceblow
13th September 2008, 05:33
I ride a single cylinder tractor weekly while cutting the grass so I do not need a CD of the same soothing sounds.

13th September 2008, 18:59
I ride a single cylinder tractor weekly while cutting the grass so I do not need a CD of the same soothing sounds.

I ride a tractor, which is well over 40 year old, with a three cylinder perkins engine, a unique sound and also very soothing, when it behaves........

Tmac, what do you ken bout ma underpinnings???? Do ya ken if I wear oany???? (EEK) (Jester)

chadburn
13th September 2008, 20:24
Odds where/ are smoother and better than evens on any diesel installation, that was of course before balancer shafts were introduced

ddraigmor
14th September 2008, 12:55
It could only be something discussed by engineers......

....next thing, you'll be telling me you play whale sounds to go to sleep.....

Jonty

John Briggs
14th September 2008, 13:00
Even we navigators were comforted by the thump, thump of the doxford as we drifted off to sleep. If it ever stopped, everyone was instantly awake!

pete
14th September 2008, 17:16
It could only be something discussed by engineers......

....next thing, you'll be telling me you play whale sounds to go to sleep.....

Jonty

Whale Sounds?? Who the Devil needs that when I have my beloved on one side and my 6 mothe old Belgian Shepherd on the other both snoring their Bl***y heads off [=P] [=P] .....................pete

Tmac1720
15th September 2008, 15:32
Tmac, what do you ken bout ma underpinnings???? Do ya ken if I wear oany???? (EEK) (Jester)

Ah ken fine well that you are a true Scots lady and therefore nothing is worn beneath your kilt............. everything is in braw workin' order [=P] (LOL)

AncientBrit
15th September 2008, 18:24
Tmac,
If it lasts longer than 4 hours, you're supposed to contact your doctor, posting in SN wont help, in fact could make things worse. (Jester)
AB