Tower Tankers

Burntisland Ship Yard
14th September 2008, 17:43
Hi All, does any one have any information on Tower Tankers, I saw a couple during my time at sea?
Thanks
Dave

BillH
14th September 2008, 19:18
Hi All, does any one have any information on Tower Tankers, I saw a couple during my time at sea?
Thanks
Dave
If by Tower Tankers you are referring to their superstructure resembling a tower then I believe you may be referring to those operated in the late 60's early 70's by Fred Olsen Norway.

Not certain of names but reasonably certain all began with BOR or BORG and were around the 90-95,000 deadweight size.

Hope this helps

Bill

randcmackenzie
14th September 2008, 21:36
I think their names all began with B and ended ...ford. Blandford, Bulford etc., and they were all later taken over by Gatx-Oswego, whose names all began with C - Cadwalader, ? ? ?.

Burntisland Ship Yard
21st September 2008, 19:54
Cheers for the information and found a pic of one in the galleries -

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/107550

spike stokes
29th April 2009, 20:45
I think their names all began with B and ended ...ford. Blandford, Bulford etc., and they were all later taken over by Gatx-Oswego, whose names all began with C - Cadwalader, ? ? ?.

named camden,casterbridge,cadwalader,carneige,castleton, cadogan.i sailed on three.of them from late 1970 to 1980,last ship for gatx-oswego on the joyhide.stokes