Oakleaf on the move

Molls-Phot
15th September 2008, 16:01
Oakleaf is due to be towed out of Portsmouth later this month. Does anyone have any information about her future?

wigger
15th September 2008, 20:01
Hi Molls-Phot,
Not sure about her future. A few weeks ago she was listed in the shipping movements on the Portland Port website. It said she was heading to Portland for refit/lay-up. As far as I know she never arrived so she could be possibly be heading there.
Kind regards
Craig

STRAWBERRY
19th September 2008, 17:48
Yes she was down as being layed up here at portland, but she is not here yet, I will try and find out if the movement has been cancelled. Andy

Matt Jordan
20th September 2008, 17:14
I hear she is going to be a Danish fish oil carrier / factory ship. Will speak to those in disposal this week and post when I have more information. Will be sorry to see her go, I had two happy years on her.

Molls-Phot
22nd September 2008, 14:07
My understanding is that she was sold to a Dutch company. I find it curious that there is no more information available...

Matt Jordan
29th September 2008, 21:23
Oakleaf is due to go to a Danish buyer, not sure when she will leave but will post when known.

john PARL
5th October 2008, 17:35
Hi iam new here
do you have an idea where she is now?
maybe pictures?
have a good day you all

wigger
5th October 2008, 17:58
Hi John, welcome to the site!
I think she is still laid up in the Basin in Portsmouth harbour. The last time I was there was about 6 weeks ago and she was still laid up alongside RFA Grey Rover.
Kind regards
Craig

Molls-Phot
6th October 2008, 17:49
Oakleaf is due to go to a Danish buyer, not sure when she will leave but will post when known.

Well the tow seems to have been cancelled, for now. Any idea what the delay is? I notice Sir Bedivere has been bought out of the lay-up basin. Does she have a buyer too?

Lancastrian
7th October 2008, 08:16
For John Parl. Pic of Oakleaf laid up at Portsmouth last year - http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=88538

Molls-Phot
7th October 2008, 12:00
It would appear that the laid-up RFAs are being shuffled around in order to get Fort Victoria back out and into service.

George.GM
8th October 2008, 21:20
I see Fort Victoria is being moved to the North West Wall tomorrow (Oct 9).
Could this mean she could be on her way to refit prior to reentry ?

Matt Jordan
8th October 2008, 21:54
Fort Victoria is due to be towed to Birkenhead by the end of October. Will dock to have the damaged prop removed then re-floated until her refit in April 09.

john PARL
10th October 2008, 19:48
i heard a rumor in holland.. that Oakleaf would be converted into a krill catcher / processor for use in south pole...but maybe the bankcrisis is delaying the financing/delivery ..most likely ...she will be converted in east europaen shipyards...keep me posted please...investors choose Oakleaf because she has pitch propellor and ice class and plenty space for the new fishmeal/krlll installation...they will catch the krill with 2 beams and may be they can use the gear allredy installed...anybody knows the GT OF Oakleaf?...and whats her exact ice class and whats her classification buro?
also her extended accomodation is perfect for her ...maybe..future role...and offcourse the Royal Navy maintained her perfectly !!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL !!(Thumb)

john PARL
10th October 2008, 22:18
http://www.skipsfarts-forum.net/read.php?TID=4097&page=2

john PARL
10th October 2008, 22:23
In above link, you see a norwegian krill beamer...this is a converted dutch container vessel ex vlieborg. also with pitch propellor and ice class...now named Thorshovdi...this vessel nears completion in Norway and will be in Januari in south pole...the 2 beams are made in holland by the famous beamer yard Maaskant.

Molls-Phot
13th October 2008, 19:49
Fort Victoria is due to be towed to Birkenhead by the end of October. Will dock to have the damaged prop removed then re-floated until her refit in April 09.

Scheduled for 27 October. Are they going to run both Fort (II) class or is George the next to be laid up?

Phill
13th October 2008, 21:57
Photo's of Fort Victoria and the Oak leaf, taken Portsmouth 12.10.2008,

Phill (Thumb)

john PARL
15th October 2008, 18:54
hi
i read here above.... oakleaf is ""scheduled 27 okt...""
what will happen?...will she move?.. to where?
best regards
John

Molls-Phot
17th October 2008, 11:33
Fort Victoria is down to be towed out of Portsmouth on that date. All is quiet with Oakleaf. Nothing seems to be happening with her now.

john PARL
17th October 2008, 23:09
oke thanks !

Matt Jordan
20th October 2008, 19:56
No news on Oakleaf however looks like Fort Victoria will be taken in tow on Thursday 23rd October for Birkenhead duration of tow approx five to seven days.

Molls-Phot
21st October 2008, 17:40
...and Sir Bedivere in November. What's happening to her?

George.GM
23rd October 2008, 16:23
She didn't go today due to "weather and other problems".
QHM says she will go at 1400 tomorrow (24th)
But the weather doesn't look a whole lot better then.
Fort Vic that is not Bedivere.

Matt Jordan
23rd October 2008, 19:43
Photographs in the RFA gallery of Fort Victoria prepared ready to go.

I hear that Sir Bedivere is to be towed to Falmouth next wednesday for docking prior to being handed over to the brazilians.

Ian6
23rd October 2008, 20:24
Am I alone in thinking that john Paal's link (post 15) to another site is felicitously named?
Ian

George.GM
24th October 2008, 11:07
Fort Vic is not going today either.
Apparently she needs a "weather window" for most of the way to Liverpool.
QHM says probably Sunday morning.

rstimaru
24th October 2008, 13:49
What happened to the Ivyleaf and the Pineleaf Bob

Pat Kennedy
3rd November 2008, 08:56
Fort Victoria is now berthed in Canada Dock, Liverpool.
Pat.

john PARL
2nd February 2009, 10:51
hi can you update the position of Oakleaf?
br
Jan

wigger
2nd February 2009, 10:58
Hi Jan, as of last Wednesday, Oakleaf was still in the basin at Portsmouth.
Craig

Pat Kennedy
2nd February 2009, 12:52
Fort Victoria has now left Cammell Lairds No5 drydock and has returned to Liverpool, currently berthed in Langton Basin, just North of Langton locks.
Bayleaf is still alongside Lairds facility in West Float Birkenhead, upperworks covered in scaffolding. I guess they will drydock her before too long.
Fort Rosalie is alongside No 1 West Float, still dozens of men working on her judging by the number of cars etc parked on the quayside.
Pat

stevo r6 86
17th August 2009, 19:09
oakleaf is still in portsmouth next fort austin which now has a funnel cap on.