Burmah Pearl

jasmacpm
23rd September 2008, 00:56
Hi, I have posted a few pictures of the Burmah Pearl, from 1983, when she was managed by Denholm's, in the Members Faces and Tanker section of the gallery, if interested?

Gulpers
23rd September 2008, 15:32
Good on you jasmacpm. (Applause)
BP was my last ship before I came ashore. (Thumb)

BillH
23rd September 2008, 17:06
Hi, I have posted a few pictures of the Burmah Pearl, from 1983, when she was managed by Denholm's, in the Members Faces and Tanker section of the gallery, if interested?
Presume this is the vessel in question?

BURMAH PEARL (1973 - 1985)
O.N. 356280. 75,049g. 51,959n. 140,512d. 887’ 5”(BB) x 144’ 6” x 55’ 9”
10-cyl. 2 S.C.S.A. (840 x 1800mm) B&W type oil engine manufactured by the shipbuilder. 25,000 bhp. 16kts.
3.8.1973: Launched by Mutsui Shipbuilding & Engineering Company Ltd., Tamano (Yard No. 967), for Burmah Oil Company Ltd. 11.1973: Completed. 1974: Sold to Airlease International Nominees (Fenchurch) Ltd., (Denholm Ship Management Ltd., managers), under Bermuda registry. 1977: Broom Marine Ltd., appointed as managers. 1985: Sold to Chisbury Maritime Corp., Liberia, and renamed NOTOS. 1991: Sold to Kythira Shipping Company Ltd., and renamed KYTHIRA. 1993: Owner restyled E.N.E.Kythira Ltd., (Aeolos Shipmanagement S.A., managers). c2000: Demolished.

jasmacpm
23rd September 2008, 17:28
Hi, Bill,
that is the very one. I remember her as one of the better ships I sailed on (though I don't have a lot to compare with) - less disasters/broken/unworkable machinery.
I didn't get off to a good start, as when I was travelling out to join her, the skipper, who I'd never met, told me - 'I don't like cadets and if it was up to me, you wouldn't be on my ship' and he basically ignored me the whole trip. I remember going through the Suez canal and there was not a cabin, for the Pilot, so he turfed me out mine and put me in the sick bay, I think it was? Fortunately, the rest of the officers and crew were great.

McCloggie
23rd September 2008, 19:02
It is the general opinion of the FPSO crew here that your 3/O Bob Gilbert is now a qualified OIM with Bluewater.

I have forwarded the the photos to him and asked how much he is prepared to pay before we issue them to the rest of our ships!

McC

jasmacpm
23rd September 2008, 19:54
Hi, McLoggie,
hope Bob, will forgive me! He enjoyed a good laugh and I found him to be a great help, as a deck cadet. If it is him, please pass on my regards, though I suspect he will probably not recall me.

Jimmy.

Barmyclaresdad
23rd September 2008, 21:43
I remember flying out to Nassau in 1981, with my boss to fit radar equipment whilst we sailed round to New Orleans.
Think we left at a place called Gramercy.
Had very amiable crowd on board.
My most memorable occasion was when I went down to my cabin for the first time, and when I opened the door the white bed sheet was black with cockies which took flight when I switched on the light.