A Wartime Voyage

oceangoer
28th September 2008, 02:31
The older members of the Blue Funnel forum might enjoy this .......

http://www.rakaia.co.uk/downloads/three-boys(r).pdf

Hugh Ferguson
28th September 2008, 10:27
The three boys were Ian Todd, John Ormerod and Ian Jackson. I sailed, one voyage each, with the latter two. I correspond at present with John but Ian Jackson, I'm sad to say, died in June 2006. I know nothing of Ian Todd.

Bill Davies
28th September 2008, 11:25
Punter,

Many thanks.
An excellent read. Beats the Sunday Times any day!

Brgds
Bill

jimmys
28th September 2008, 13:03
Hi Punter,

Even though a bit before my time I enjoyed the story.

I said on another thread I thought the Blue Funnel cadets were very good. This lot of three seem to support an engineers opinion.

regards
jimmy

Trident
29th September 2008, 09:39
An excellent read, a bit before my time as well.....Al

R58484956
29th September 2008, 10:44
Punter many thanks for the thread, 50 pages of very interesting reading.

Pat Hughes
29th September 2008, 11:18
Punter,

Good read. Before my time but all the more interesting.

Geoff_E
29th September 2008, 22:05
Not my company; way before my time, but a super read.

There has been, recently, a thread asking some painfully naive questions of the British Merchant Navy, the possibility of a nation starving, etc. Topped off by an inability to accurately place Antwerp on a map of the planet!!

This would make an excellent primer/antidote to such an enquiry, but one fears the contents might be lost on the enquirer.

Hugh Ferguson
2nd October 2008, 22:29
Not my company; way before my time, but a super read.

There has been, recently, a thread asking some painfully naive questions of the British Merchant Navy, the possibility of a nation starving, etc. Topped off by an inability to accurately place Antwerp on a map of the planet!!

This would make an excellent primer/antidote to such an enquiry, but one fears the contents might be lost on the enquirer.

Afraid so. I live not far from R.N.A.S. Culdrose and some of the new influx had not even heard of the Battle of Britain!