SVAERDSTAD Completed

Shipbuilder
1st October 2008, 20:52
I have now completed the SVAERDSTAD, as pretty a little barque as I have ever clapped eyes on. I have posted it in a separate slot so that I can asses how many people are actually interested enough to see the completion.
Bob

trawlercook
1st October 2008, 21:07
ABSOLUTLY WONDERFUL bob a real work of art extreamly well done
regards colin

Tony Breach
1st October 2008, 21:54
Fantastic, Bob. I can hardly beleive you have done this so quickly. You may be assured that those of us who follow you are grateful of all the knowledge, advice & guidance that you offer & await your next project with anticipation.
I'm already advancing in my latest project thanks to your encouragement; I haven't a clue about solder but I do use bamboo & a drawplate with some effect.
Tony.

Shipbuilder
1st October 2008, 21:56
Hi Colin & Tony,
Thanks for comments. Big tidy up tomorrow - mebbe even day off or two.
Bob

jerome morris
1st October 2008, 22:06
That is one beautiful ship sir. Thank you very much for posting.

Keltic Star
2nd October 2008, 04:00
Congratulations Bob, she is a beautiful little ship.
Bob

stein
2nd October 2008, 08:31
Sailing prettily along, looking lovely, not knowing a bad fate awaits in the White Sea... Looks like a quite perfect miniature in a quite perfect sea. Regards, Stein.

liteflight
2nd October 2008, 09:42
Bob

Cotton-pickin' beautiful.
Lovely contrast between the calm grey of the hull and very busy rigging!
How do you carve blocks so small? Are they properly sheaved? (grins)

Thanks for showing us
andrew

Shipbuilder
2nd October 2008, 10:18
Thanks for comments. The blocks are made from black Chromacolour paint mixed with a small amount of white glue & applied with a fine brush.
Bob

Fred Wood
2nd October 2008, 10:58
That's a superb model. What's the next one going to be? Whatever it is, it will be just as good as all the others you have built.

Shipbuilder
2nd October 2008, 16:02
Thanks for replies. Here is another one of it in the display case (also home-made). Still tidying up at the moment & deciding what to do next.
Bob

R58484956
2nd October 2008, 16:02
Bob another masterpiece, thank you for giving us a running commentory on progress plus photos. Well Done. Thanks also of course to the sea maker.

bert thompson
3rd October 2008, 15:30
\Simply beautiful
Thank you for showing her
Best wishes
Bert.

stein
25th October 2009, 09:53
And now there's an E-book to be had, detailing every part of the building process, materials, tools, and methods. And there are a great numbers of AHA! moments in it, when you recognise the the smooth functionality in many methods of construction where you thought that the results were nearly impossible.

I have around 10 model shipbuilding books and none are as instructive - great text, great pictures. If you are interested google: "Miniature Sailing Ship Construction: The Norwegian Barque Svaerdstad." Regards, Stein.