Fleetwood's 150th Anniversary

nhp651
18th October 2008, 21:11
Next year is fleetwood,Lancashire's 150th anniversary of the RNLI station opening in the town, and the committee are already planning a "good doo".
The hon sec has asked me if I can build a model of the old slip for a display to put their station model of the AnneLettitia Russell on it, so that is now under construction,( well the plans are at least)
But one thing puzzles me and things are tight lipped doon the station about it, and that is...........with Fleetwood having a Tyne which are now being replaced..........does any one know if and when Fleetwoodmight be getting a Tamar........as I would love to build a model of such a boat, and if I am to build a model I would like to do it as the Fleetwood boat, should it and when it arrives.
Anyone with any insider knowledge........pleasssssse!?(Thumb) (Smoke)

benjidog
19th October 2008, 17:32
Good luck with the model Neil - I hope you get the information you are looking for. I hope to be able to attend the celebrations next year.

nhp651
19th October 2008, 19:35
cheers Brian,
the plans for the slip are coming together, and i picked up my 1:12scale mouldings of a Tamar lifeboat from Speedline models at the Blackpool Model boat show today. She's a monster of a model, but hopefully will look a cracker.
Blowing my own trumpet a little I also picked up a winner in class for a model I put on display, so I'm a very happy bunny at the moment.(K)