E-Mail Identity

znord737
29th October 2008, 15:53
Gentlemen,
I would be grateful for your input as to how to remain anonymous when sending an e-mail on either Yahoo Hotmail or MSN Hotmail or GMail.

When I send an E Mail on Yahoo Hotmail , my Forname and Surname appear on the recipiants message as well as my e-mail address.

What I want to do is to have an alias instead of my correct forname and surname, is that possible.

This is not for any fraudulent purposes but rather to hinder or deter people looking my name up (I have an unusual name) and then telephoning me at all hours of the day and night.

Any information would be most appreciated.

Thank You

Znord737

ssr481
29th October 2008, 16:54
In the classic Yahoo Mail viewing option, locate the Preferences .. in other words, click on the Options link (top right in your browser), scroll down on the Options page, then click on the General Preferences link. Change your From Name: name to whatever you want... then click on save.

John Rogers
29th October 2008, 17:20
You can also use different email addresses called throw-away emails address, I use one email address when surfing and one as a private address that way I never get any SPAM or unwanted sales emails. Ask your provider about another address.

John