Radio Officers Association

dje4816
2nd November 2008, 15:06
I just found out about the ROA (Radio Officers Association) and joined. The magazine, QSO, is fascinating, full of interesting articles. The Association is doing a lot of work to preserve records, artifacts etc, and is a great way to track down old buddies etc.

The membership only stands at 310. Surely there must be more of us left than that? I feel that we should support this organisation, because in another 10 to 20 years the RO number base will be very small - we're already mostly pensioners. Is that small number of 310 simply a reflection on the fact that a lot of RO's haven't heard of the ROA, or is it simply not interesting to some?

Dave Ellis.

bert thompson
2nd November 2008, 16:23
Thanks for that information
Best wishes
Bert

NoMoss
2nd November 2008, 16:31
I just found out about the ROA (Radio Officers Association) and joined. The magazine, QSO, is fascinating, full of interesting articles. The Association is doing a lot of work to preserve records, artifacts etc, and is a great way to track down old buddies etc.

The membership only stands at 310. Surely there must be more of us left than that? I feel that we should support this organisation, because in another 10 to 20 years the RO number base will be very small - we're already mostly pensioners. Is that small number of 310 simply a reflection on the fact that a lot of RO's haven't heard of the ROA, or is it simply not interesting to some?

Dave Ellis.

Welcome to the ROA - hope to see you at the AGM (not sure where it will be yet - but usually first part of May)

dje4816
3rd November 2008, 16:55
Ted,

Thanks for your message. I plan to be at the AGM - wouldn't miss it for anything.

Dave.

Tai Pan
4th November 2008, 12:57
Ted,

Thanks for your message. I plan to be at the AGM - wouldn't miss it for anything.

Dave.

AGM is at Leasowe Castle Hotel last weekend in April. for further info on membership see webb site ROASS or email me. Hon Treasurer(A)

NoMoss
5th November 2008, 10:15
AGM is at Leasowe Castle Hotel last weekend in April. for further info on membership see webb site ROASS or email me. Hon Treasurer(A)

Thanks for the advance warning John - do want the cheque yet?

Tai Pan
5th November 2008, 14:46
Thanks for the advance warning John - do want the cheque yet?

Not yet, details in next QSO due out soon, plus booking form.

Vince Gorny
5th November 2008, 16:13
Can anyone provide details of the R.O.A. and how I join, please? Was an R/O myself with B.P. Tankers, Silver Line, Container Fleets, O.C.L. and eventually P&O.C.L.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Tai Pan
6th November 2008, 10:13
Can anyone provide details of the R.O.A. and how I join, please? Was an R/O myself with B.P. Tankers, Silver Line, Container Fleets, O.C.L. and eventually P&O.C.L.

See roass.com, download application form and send to me with 20 for 2009. regards john garner Treasurer(A)

Tai Pan
6th November 2008, 10:15

Sorry, that should be roass.org. JG