Photos of QE2 final departure from Home port of Southampton

Bryan Girling
13th November 2008, 23:10
Hello anyone out there who was privileged to witness the sailing of the QE2 a coupl eof evenings ago from Southampton. Anxiously awaiting someone to post some pictures!!

Bryan Girling
Ps watched it on the BBC South today on line site - what a wonderful send of the people of Soton gave the QE2

marty 552
15th November 2008, 02:14
Seconded my me Bryan. Last view of QE2 was in Sydney this year.

Have been checking site each day for photos of her final departure.

Cheers,
Marty 552

Paul UK
15th November 2008, 11:26
Hi guys

I have seen nothing yet on here but you can get an eyefull on www.bbcnews.co.uk/hampshire

Hope you can find it.

Paul

Pompeyfan
17th November 2008, 23:28
Sadly, I did not take my still camera, not very good in the dark, but I wish I had tried now. But I took my camcorder and it came out perfectly.

David

marty 552
19th November 2008, 23:53
David,
Can you download camcorder images for us to view?

Cheers,
Marty 552

Pompeyfan
20th November 2008, 10:28
David,
Can you download camcorder images for us to view?

Cheers,
Marty 552

I have no idea Marty. Needs somebody with more computer expertise than me. My camcorder is a Sony Handycam with DV IN/OUT USB Streaming and Easy Handicam so I guess I can, but I have no idea how to do it, that is how thick I am with computers etc. And although the footage is good, sound superb with her blowing etc, the colour is not as good as the TV cameras, but still good. I will download it if I can find out how.

David

K urgess
20th November 2008, 10:59
Try the SN TV page, David.
Cheers
Kris

Pompeyfan
20th November 2008, 16:44
Kris

The video in not on my computer to upload. I need to find out how to do this first. I can copy it to a DVD then put it into the tower I suppose. But remember, I am as thick as too short planks at this sort of thing?!.

David

NoMoss
20th November 2008, 17:18
Hello anyone out there who was privileged to witness the sailing of the QE2 a coupl eof evenings ago from Southampton. Anxiously awaiting someone to post some pictures!!

Bryan Girling
Ps watched it on the BBC South today on line site - what a wonderful send of the people of Soton gave the QE2

I was on one of the Red Funnel ferries to went out to say goodbye. I took a few photos but at night and from a distance not up to BBC standards.
I will try to post the pictures - first time I've done it so bear with me.

NoMoss
20th November 2008, 17:25
I tried uploading photos - but of course could only upload 3 and even then the programme told me they exceeding the file limit. How do I go about it?

Pompeyfan
20th November 2008, 17:46
I tried uploading photos - but of course could only upload 3 and even then the programme told me they exceeding the file limit. How do I go about it?

Ted

Even I may be able to help there. Have you re-sized them?. I thought about going on that Red Funnel ferry but decided to land in Southampton instead. I will end you a PM.

David

NoMoss
20th November 2008, 17:50
[QUOTE=Pompeyfan;266418]Ted

Even I may be able to help there. Have you re-sized them?. I thought about going on that Red Funnel ferry but decided to land in Southampton instead. I will end you a PM.

David[/QUOTE

No I haven't resized them - will wait for PM

NoMoss
20th November 2008, 18:51
Have added several photos under passenger ships etc - the're not brilliant I'm afraid.

K urgess
20th November 2008, 19:16
You should have the software with the camera, David, that will allow you to edit and save your videos as various formats.
Then you can upload them to SNTV.
Cheers
Kris

Pompeyfan
20th November 2008, 19:27
I will have a look Kris, but I think I loaded the software once and the computer did not like it. Will have another look.

David

Pompeyfan
20th November 2008, 19:31
Have added several photos under passenger ships etc - the're not brilliant I'm afraid.

Well done Ted, they look great.

David

K urgess
20th November 2008, 19:37
That's quite possible, David. You need quite a bit if memory and spare disk space to run most video software.
Cheers
Kris

Pompeyfan
20th November 2008, 22:33
Kris

I have installed the software for camcorder but when I clicked onto it it told me I need Macromedia Flash player. I have Adobe and all that stuff, but not Marcromedia. Where do I get a free version?!.

David

K urgess
20th November 2008, 23:07
Try this site, David (you'll have to cut and paste the address to your browser)
http://macromedia-flashplayer.com/index.asp?aff=103&camp=gg_macro_uk&se=google
Cheers
Kris

Pompeyfan
20th November 2008, 23:12
Thanks Kris

I will try that.

If I can't get it to work would it help by copying to DVD, then putting in the PC. Or in other words could anybody who know what they are doing upload from a DVD?.

David

exMN
1st May 2009, 22:09
I sailed on her between April 84 and April 85. I was a cook in the passenger galleys. Had some great laughs on her with a great crack of lads, we were all from Liverpool. Hello to anyone I might know.

Paul