British India Engineers'Association

BISNENG
21st July 2005, 10:23
The Association was established in Glasgow in 1923 for retired Chiefs to have an annual get together and this continues to the present day taking the form of a sit down luncheon in Glasgow at a city centre hotel.
Any ex BI Engineer or Electrical Officer of whatever rank or period of service can participate and further details can be obtained from myself.
We have some 230 or so members now world wide, some who first went to sea in the 1930s, others who witnessed the P&O reorganisation in 1971 when the constituant companies lost their separate identities.
There is an informal regional get together in May with the venue alternating between Manchester and York and an annual BI(News)Letter in March/April.
If you are interested, we would like to hear from you, or if you know any ex BI E/O of EL/O please tell them about us.

redrolf
15th October 2007, 20:30
Hi.
My name is John Walker known as Dave whilst at sea. I was a junior engineer on the Nevasa from 1957 to 1960 and remember some great times. I have often wondered where some of those other engineers went or finished up
I emigrated to NZ in 1970 with family and now retired from Real Estate
Regards
John Walker

James Slater
15th January 2008, 09:59
Hi.
My name is John Walker known as Dave whilst at sea. I was a junior engineer on the Nevasa from 1957 to 1960 and remember some great times. I have often wondered where some of those other engineers went or finished up
I emigrated to NZ in 1970 with family and now retired from Real Estate
Regards
John Walker
John,
Why don't you sign up with the B.I. Engineers Association. Membership is free and I may be able to put you in touch with some old buddies.
James Slater, secretary of the above association.

redrolf
21st January 2008, 03:22
Hi James thanks for writing, how do I join the Association
John Walker

japottinger
1st February 2008, 20:29
Possibly do not qualify, but worked on manuf. of turbines and installation aboard Nowshera and Nyanza during my eng. app. at Scotts' of Greenock