Palm Line late 70's early 80's

souniwillie
19th November 2008, 15:17
Hello everybody.
I am doing a little research on Palm Line during the late 70's early 80's when I was employed by the holding company, UAC International.
Does anyone know the size of Palm Lines fleet during that time?
Thanks in anticipation of your help.
Souniwillie

Alan Malpas
19th November 2008, 16:18
Hello Souniwillie,served my time with Palm Line from 1973,
and can remember ANDONI,AKASSA,AFRICA(New One Ex Jorund)ENUGU ELMINA ILORIN IBADAN IKEJA ILESHA KANO KATSINA LAGOS LOBITO and
MATADI PALMS.

Cheers

China hand
19th November 2008, 17:00
Hi Souniwillie,
I was standing by newbuilding Bank boats in Sunderland in the late 70's. Saw the BADAGRY PALM being launched, believe it was the last launch at North Sands. Any help?

souniwillie
19th November 2008, 21:59
Thanks China for this information.

souniwillie
19th November 2008, 22:01
Alan, great memory, thanks for this information. Very helpful indeed.

stan mayes
19th November 2008, 22:31
Go to Directory and click Palm Line - Benjidog has put much info on the company there.
Stan

Pat bourke
19th November 2008, 22:49
Greetings Souniwillie, I sailed on the Elmina Palm June 75 to Sept 75 as R/O. I have some Palm Line Magazines from that period, I will look for them and send on any info that might be of interest to you over the next number of days. Regards Pat.

stan mayes
19th November 2008, 23:32
Hi Pat -
I see you sailed with one of the best - Captain Fleming - Miller and a bonus was having Don Morgan as Purser Chief Steward.
I think her Bosun was John Broadfoot of Glasgow?
Regards
Stan

Russken40
20th November 2008, 10:39
Hello everybody.
I am doing a little research on Palm Line during the late 70's early 80's when I was employed by the holding company, UAC International.
Does anyone know the size of Palm Lines fleet during that time?
Thanks in anticipation of your help.
Souniwillie

Hi Souniwillie,
If you go to merchantnavyofficers.com and click on history, scroll down you will find a good article on the history of Palm Line. I sailed with them 1962 - 68, the history as far as I can tell is quite comprehensive.
Hope this helps your research.
Cheers Russ K
(Thumb)

Christopher Roberts
21st November 2008, 12:59
Hi Pat -
I see you sailed with one of the best - Captain Fleming - Miller and a bonus was having Don Morgan as Purser Chief Steward.
I think her Bosun was John Broadfoot of Glasgow?
Regards
Stan

Hi Stan have you still got contact with Don Morgan - I also sailed with him Lobito Palm I think

stan mayes
21st November 2008, 13:38
Hi Chris
I do not have contact with Don Morgan - he was quite a character - typical Scouse humour.
I am in contact with Pursers Andy Hogan and John Woollam.. John is Treasurer of Liverpool Retired Merchant Seafarers.
Regards Stan

Christopher Roberts
31st December 2008, 10:33
Hi Chris
I do not have contact with Don Morgan - he was quite a character - typical Scouse humour.
I am in contact with Pursers Andy Hogan and John Woollam.. John is Treasurer of Liverpool Retired Merchant Seafarers.
Regards Stan

Thanks for the info Stan - your quite right Don did have a good sense of humour.Sorry I've taken so long to reply - IT problems.
Regards
Chris