Software availability

andysk
20th November 2008, 12:37
Hi All ...

Reading some recent postings in various threads, I think the following site may be of interest, it may be known to some already as a useful source for finding software.

URL : http://www.tucows.com/

It can be searched in a variety of ways, by OS, by type etc, and comes sorted by price categories, (ie) freeware, shareware and paid for.

Cheers

Andy

ROBERT HENDERSON
20th November 2008, 13:57
I hanve tried several times to access this site, it keeps coming up cannot display this page.

Regards Robert

andysk
20th November 2008, 14:46
I just tried Robert, and had no problems, I am using XP Pro and Firefox browser, maybe there is a block on some sites preset somewhere on your system perhaps ?

K urgess
20th November 2008, 14:52
It bombed twice when I first tried but now seems to be OK if a bit slow.

ROBERT HENDERSON
20th November 2008, 16:12
Hi Andy
When I tried before I edited it into my book marks and tried and still to no avail.
I tried again about two minutes ago and it came up within 2 seconds, something odd somewhere.

Regards Robert

andysk
21st November 2008, 11:19
Hi Robert ....

Glad you managed it in the end - I haven't used it for a little while, but when getting the software, you do get a choice of alternative sites from which to download, so if Tucows home is a bit flakey, the alternatives should be better.

Cheers

Andy

ROBERT HENDERSON
21st November 2008, 11:52
Hi ANDY
I have no problems with this at all now, I am going to use Firefox as my browser as even on SN I sometimes click on to another thread and it comes up Internet Explorer cannot display this page, cliick refresh and it is OK.

Regards Robert

marinero
23rd November 2008, 11:23
Another site you may be interested in is www.filehippo.com it also has an updater which scans your computer for any updates needed for any of the free software on your computer. I have used this site for a couple of years now with no problem.
Regards(Thumb)