Model of M.V. Benarty

stoker
25th July 2005, 00:20
"Model Boats" magazine advertise a drawing of the Benarty by Jimmy Wood costing 16.00. it's 1625mm long but no further information is supplied. Does anyone know anything about this drawing ? or better still built a model of this or any older Ben line vessel, say one of the post war steamers (their likes will never be seen again.......! )
Stoker

thunderd
25th July 2005, 00:38
Ah the Ben Line, my ex company, their ships were always beautifully maintained and a pleasure to sail on.

backsplice
25th July 2005, 07:58
Derek I would like to whole heartedly agree with these comments....I too sailed with the"Greyhounds of the Far East".........great ships ..hard work but the best .......there was a model kit of the "Benledi" brought out by revel models I think then it was namechanged to whatever it was after the Ben Line (the model I mean ) .........backsplice (Thumb)

thunderd
25th July 2005, 08:34
Derek I would like to whole heartedly agree with these comments....I too sailed with the"Greyhounds of the Far East".........great ships ..hard work but the best .......there was a model kit of the "Benledi" brought out by revel models I think then it was namechanged to whatever it was after the Ben Line (the model I mean ) .........backsplice (Thumb)
Right on Backsplice, you and I need to compare ships, at the risk of boring everyone else on the site I was on the Benvrackie, Benledi, Benattow and a couple of others, I was on the Benloyal on her maiden voyage in June 1959, my last Ben boat, I still have a copy of the brochure they produced on her.

japottinger
25th July 2005, 14:22
The drawing is a set of plans for building a model of latest Benarty. J.Wood built an exhibition standard model to these plans, if you are interested it would allow a authentic model to be built.
There was a series of articles in Model Boats describing his building of the model, with photos.

backsplice
26th July 2005, 11:20
Derek I was on the "BEN ALBANACH 69 .........BENSTAC..69/70 ....the STAC was a magnificent speciman of a cargo ship .........have you seen the Benline site ???.backsplice

thunderd
26th July 2005, 11:28
Derek I was on the "BEN ALBANACH 69 .........BENSTAC..69/70 ....the STAC was a magnificent speciman of a cargo ship .........have you seen the Benline site ???.backsplice

Ah backsplice you're just a pup compared to me, (Eats) you were well after my time.

I have seen the Ben Line site and have been very disappointed in it's lack of use. I keep going back there in the hope of catching up with some old shipmates but it just never gets used it's a real shame.